:frow Good morning Nunny, have a great day. I hope you get over the rash and itchy eye quickly
I was cutting PI this morning on trees between me and the neighbor....he keeps getting into it and I have not been able to teach him how to id it.... I have tried for decades.

Good morning all :frow
It's been a problem most of my adult life. Right out of HS I got preventative steroid shots. Those work but you really can't do it long term. It happenes almost every year. More years then not. I generally stay away from anything with 3 leaves just to be safe. I have only been in my yard so who knows.
20200605_202504.jpg

It's been a problem most of my adult life. Right out of HS I got preventative steroid shots. Those work but you really can't do it long term. It happenes almost every year. More years then not. I generally stay away from anything with 3 leaves just to be safe. I have only been in my yard so who knows.
View attachment 2179579
I used to walk by on a hot humid day and get it. They say the oils will get in the air. Had to get steroids too.
I started taking rhus tox before it leafs out and if I do get into it, I get a very mild case

Welp...its officially summer here. I have a rash and a puffy itchy eye. :woot

No idea what I touched. The wind blew my direction.🤦🏻‍♀️
My very first garden had poison ivy growing up the cottonwood tree! I have been plagued by that and Virginia creeper. Try vinegar on the itchy areas. Works great for me.

Good morning! Another hot swampy day oh boy lol.
I think the biggest thing I have to do today is spray wasps which is never fun but they've got to go.
Im normally not a bug murderer but these are those pissy red wasps that hate everything and iv'e got at least two nests in the coop.:)
:frow Good morning Chicky, have a great day
Thanks, excited to get them next month!
:frow Good morning Cappy, have a great day

I used to walk by on a hot humid day and get it. They say the oils will get in the air. Had to get steroids too.
I started taking rhus tox before it leafs out and if I do get into it, I get a very mild case

That's interesting. I'll need to do more research. It basically is poison ivy in pill form. The idea being build an immunity to it. The concern for me is I have a tendency to get it in my blood stream then it pops out wherever it wants. I would be very worried about introducing it to my entire body on purpose. :eek:

My very first garden had poison ivy growing up the cottonwood tree! I have been plagued by that and Virginia creeper. Try vinegar on the itchy areas. Works great for me.

I've tried every remedy there is. Even the ill advised risky ones. LOL

Back
Top Bottom