I think @aart had an idea on one..or maybe she remembers what I am thinking about :oops:
Nope, wasn't me.
But I think I know what you're talking about, someone bought a great window prop dealie.
I can almost picture it but can't remember who it was. Was a couple years ago.
Wish I could, lost a coop window here recently to windlift, propdrop, windowslamandglassbreak.

View attachment 2236509
I was gifted 3 tiny Serama babies! All 3 together only weigh 63 grams at a week old.
They are lively vocal little stinkers.

My final hatch is under way. 3 babies out and peeping. I of course have to run out for a bit so can't just sit and watch them.

My TV remote broke. Nothing works. New batteries didn't do a thing. But that means I can't even turn the TV on. Who thought putting NO buttons on a TV was a good idea?

Wanted to brain storm some ideas with you guys too. The medium coop has awning windows.
View attachment 2236516View attachment 2236515
So hinged at the top which is great when it rains. But you can see I have sticks propping them open. If the wind really picks up the window shakes a little and stick falls out. So thoughts on a way to keep the window open but make it adjustable?

I thought about using chaise lounge adjustment brackets....View attachment 2236520
Putting a screw through one end so it will fold up into the window and I could drop it down to hold the window open. But I think the fins/holder wave thingies face the wrong way.

Then I thought maybe a long hook for a hook and eye system...
Put the hook in the window frame then space out eyes along the window itself. But I can't wrap my head around the math to make that work...
Depending on where I attach the hook in the frame will determine how long it can be. But if its too short it won't open the window far enough...
Does that make sense? I'm even confusing myself.
I'm rather visual so...
View attachment 2236551
This is what I'm picturing but need the correct math to get the length of the hook to reach the various angles to use each eye.

Damn...my geometry teacher was right. I will use it one day! 🤣
Put one end of the stick on a hinge!

I'd like to be able to adjust how far the window is open. I may just have to use some scrap wood and try a few options.
Stick on the hinge, brackets at different locations, could be wood with a slot/hole
Bolt hole through bracket and stick, bolt goes through to hold it in winds but still can be adjusted

Nunny a universal remote might work your television they come with codes you enter for different manufactures to link them up.
Im in the same boat with a no button T.V and while iv'e not broken remotes yet im a serial loser of them.
The worst is that piddly firestick remote, finally had to get a mini keyboard to back up that sucker.
On a happier note I love the noises out of those chickens on propolis day, especially the boys it is just so familiar.:gig

VideoCapture_20200710-161726.jpg

Well its a bit windy...🤦🏻‍♀️
The door to the small coop had opened somehow and both moms and a few babies were roaming the yard.
The door to the run on the medium coop was open at the bottom (in the picture) and a few growouts were running around.
And the canopy! I just put it up to provide shade in 90° weather and the wind bent it all to shit.

(And blew the sticks out if most of the medium coop windows.)
I did find turn buckle hook and eye hooks that might be helpful. They longer they were the thicker and heavier. But I'm going to look online for options.

View attachment 2237284
The door to the small coop had opened somehow and both moms and a few babies were roaming the yard.
The door to the run on the medium coop was open at the bottom (in the picture) and a few growouts were running around.
And the canopy! I just put it up to provide shade in 90° weather and the wind bent it all to shit.

I did find turn buckle hook and eye hooks that might be helpful. They longer they were the thicker and heavier. But I'm going to look online for options.

Holy son of a dadgum it!

The turnbuckle thing......those are for fine adjustments....at least what I am familiar with.

For shade I use this stuff. It does not catch the wind.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Easy-Gardener-Shade-Fabric-By-the-Foot/3054807

Holy crap! Im glad nobody got boinked with all that flying around bad enough already😲
View attachment 2237284

That crazy aunt of mine sent me Hi Chew candy for my birthday...it isn't my birthday lol!
She called all exited because apparently I love it even though iv'e never eaten it before in my life.
I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise so I just thanked her.
It is pretty good actually as far as edible souvenirs go.
I had to look it up, bad idea people are Hi Chew crazy it is cultish...im still eating it though.😊My fat butt's b-day
20200710_174640.jpg
20200710_174617.jpg

Back
Top Bottom