Good morning everyone. So far the new system is working out very well. We've caught up on all the backlog laundry folding and are working on washing more.
My daughter is famous for dumping the clean clothes in a chair or one end of the couch after they dry. They just dig for what they want to wear 🙄. The last time I went to visit, I helped fold everything and it took my two grand daughters and me over an hour to finish folding. I hope she has stopped doing it, but I don't think so 😞 and she has a spare room!!

That's awesome that you have gotten it all worked out and now you have your living room back .

Here's the system we have set up. 5 baskets (one for each family member + one for linens) fit well on the made up queen sized bed, even with the pillows on the bed, and still have enough room to fold. If DH wants to fold at the same time he can stack some of the baskets to make room on the other side. When a load is washed and dried, we sort it into the 5 baskets immediately. That way we, even if we don’t fold right away, we can dig through the basket for that person if needed. When #3 comes, I’ll probably take the pillows off the bed and stuff them in the closet to make more room for baskets. We have two empty baskets sitting on the nightstand for moving laundry around as well ( you can see the corner of them on the right side of the pic). Much more tidy than dumped all over the living room.

Another plus about having a 3rd boy, I get to keep my guest bedroom for longer. We got the house with 4 bedrooms so we would have our room, boy room, girl room and office. The nominal "girl room" is the guest room for now.
787BEE13-4255-407A-91C0-5A66DD01165B.jpeg

Good morning everyone. So far the new system is working out very well. We've caught up on all the backlog laundry folding and are working on washing more.

Here's the system we have set up. 5 baskets (one for each family member + one for linens) fit well on the made up queen sized bed, even with the pillows on the bed, and still have enough room to fold. If DH wants to fold at the same time he can stack some of the baskets to make room on the other side. When a load is washed and dried, we sort it into the 5 baskets immediately. That way we, even if we don’t fold right away, we can dig through the basket for that person if needed. When #3 comes, I’ll probably take the pillows off the bed and stuff them in the closet to make more room for baskets. We have two empty baskets sitting on the nightstand for moving laundry around as well ( you can see the corner of them on the right side of the pic). Much more tidy than dumped all over the living room.

Another plus about having a 3rd boy, I get to keep my guest bedroom for longer. We got the house with 4 bedrooms so we would have our room, boy room, girl room and office. The nominal "girl room" is the guest room for now.
View attachment 2392636
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day

View attachment 2392636
I love this 😍 and the idea of not folding right away, but in your basket 👍 I should pass this onto my daughter 🤔

View attachment 2392636
I also use the living room couch. It worked for a while but over time we stopped keeping up with it and they end up everywhere. The socks though always end up in the floor somehow.

Back
Top Bottom