I also use the living room couch. It worked for a while but over time we stopped keeping up with it and they end up everywhere. The socks though always end up in the floor somehow.
We bundle our socks into mesh bags before laundering, but if the laundry sits on the couch for weeks the socks tend to get spread all over, which defeats the purpose of the mesh bags in the first place.

I have caught that sofa trying to eat my phone on more than one occasion! The cushions aren't attached to the back, so they slide around and eat things.
The back cushions on our couch are permanently attached, the seat cushions aren't. I discovered after fighting keeping the cushions on the couch that there were little elastic straps that hooked onto loops on the couch and that changed the game entirely.

We bundle our socks into mesh bags before laundering, but if the laundry sits on the couch for weeks the socks tend to get spread all over, which defeats the purpose of the mesh bags in the first place.
We do that after. Its a bigger laundry bag and we hang it in the coat closet to collect all the singles. Only works if you use it though.

We do that after. Its a bigger laundry bag and we hang it in the coat closet to collect all the singles. Only works if you use it though.
When I was a kid, my mom had the odd sock basket. Every now and then we would go through it and match the socks. Any socks that didn't have a mate were craft fodder and we could do what we liked with them. Later, my mom discovered the benefit of getting socks that are all alike. My 3 younger sisters were pretty close together, so she could often get away with only having one size for all 3 of them. I'm following a similar path, although there are a few odd pairs that don't match.

Back
Top Bottom