Yesterday we had some sun and a bit Saturday morning but other than that its been very yucky. My yard is turning into a mud pit 😢 Good thing i have boots 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yuck, I don't have that yet, but I've had enough rain before that my driveway just runs with it and the pastures are mud pits that suck your boots/shoes off. I'd take just rain over this stuff any day! The temps are horrible as well, it's 34 but feels like 27.

I probably just jinxed myself, but i sent this to my bosses 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 28C60F96-C4E3-4C23-9E84-248A797ED01D.jpeg
    28C60F96-C4E3-4C23-9E84-248A797ED01D.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 3
Been a bit busy here.
Thanksgiving started with a nap on the couch.
20201126_115757.jpg

I went to my parents for dinner. Just the immediate family of my parents, my sister and brother in law and their two girls and me. I committed the worst Thanksgiving atrocity and dropped the first fresh cut slice of turkey. I couldn't belive it. After that everything went smoothly. 😂

Its now crochet season for me. My niece specifically asks for hats. I made her a new one that I brought to Thanksgiving so she could spread Holiday cheer.
20201125_142543.jpg

20201125_142341.jpg

It was too small so I'm working on another one. I didn't have a head measurement so I guessed.(She suddenly doesn't want to do anything her Mom asks. "Would you like ice cream? I'm getting some." "NO" Dad asks "would you like ice cream?" "Yes please" 🤷🏻‍♀️ Kids🤷🏻‍♀️)

I also had to put down 2 of non walking ICU patients. They just weren't getting better. On the one I found a mass on the tendon of one leg. So I'm guessing that's what started the limping that then went to not walking. The other had lots of blood in her neck from the dislocation dispatch method. I've never seen anything like that in a bird I put down so I wonder if she did have a brain bleed or weak veins or something. Her non walking seemed more neurological to me.
I'm waiting on Pinky my Satin Silkie Showgirl roo. I just can't bring myself to do it yet. He isn't as bad as the others had been and I guess I'm hoping for a miracle. I'm probably delaying the inevitable but other than not walking around he seems fine so I'm holding off.

Supposed to get some real snow here for the next few days. Start tonight, go through Tues and into Wed morning. I know its December but I'm never ready. I don't like the dump method of snowing either. 15" in a day is worse than 15" spread over a week somehow. I mostly hate driving in it. So I'm staying home Tues until I have to work.

Been a bit busy here.
Thanksgiving started with a nap on the couch.
View attachment 2431874
I went to my parents for dinner. Just the immediate family of my parents, my sister and brother in law and their two girls and me. I committed the worst Thanksgiving atrocity and dropped the first fresh cut slice of turkey. I couldn't belive it. After that everything went smoothly. 😂

Its now crochet season for me. My niece specifically asks for hats. I made her a new one that I brought to Thanksgiving so she could spread Holiday cheer.
View attachment 2431878
View attachment 2431877
It was too small so I'm working on another one. I didn't have a head measurement so I guessed.(She suddenly doesn't want to do anything her Mom asks. "Would you like ice cream? I'm getting some." "NO" Dad asks "would you like ice cream?" "Yes please" 🤷🏻‍♀️ Kids🤷🏻‍♀️)

I also had to put down 2 of non walking ICU patients. They just weren't getting better. On the one I found a mass on the tendon of one leg. So I'm guessing that's what started the limping that then went to not walking. The other had lots of blood in her neck from the dislocation dispatch method. I've never seen anything like that in a bird I put down so I wonder if she did have a brain bleed or weak veins or something. Her non walking seemed more neurological to me.
I'm waiting on Pinky my Satin Silkie Showgirl roo. I just can't bring myself to do it yet. He isn't as bad as the others had been and I guess I'm hoping for a miracle. I'm probably delaying the inevitable but other than not walking around he seems fine so I'm holding off.

Supposed to get some real snow here for the next few days. Start tonight, go through Tues and into Wed morning. I know its December but I'm never ready. I don't like the dump method of snowing either. 15" in a day is worse than 15" spread over a week somehow. I mostly hate driving in it. So I'm staying home Tues until I have to work.
I love the hat 🥰🥰. Where did you get those lights?

I’m sorry to hear about you losing more chickens :hugs

Slaughter results and comparison pics.

Out of 19 birds, we averaged about 4.1lbs per bird. The Cornish/EE was the smallest but not the youngest. These carcasses don't contain any necks, feet, giblets. Just an empty body. Cornish cross was from previous butchering.

Comparison between the Dark Cornish/EE cross and a pure Dark Cornish.

IMG_1090.JPG

Cornish/EE, Cornish, Cornish Cross (11ish weeks).

IMG_1094.JPG

Cornish/EE
IMG_1091.JPG

Cornish
IMG_1092.JPG

Cornish Cross
IMG_1093.JPG

Back
Top Bottom