Hi Everyone!

I've had a busy few days. After a couple of nights of horrible sleep, we decided to take a trip up to the IKEA in Pittsburg (2.5-3 hours away) to look for a bedding solution for Thing 2 that would allow me to lay down in his bed, settle him, and then go back to my bed to keep him out of our bed. We left Saturday morning, hoping to arrive by 11. We left Thing 1 with my mom and took Thing 2 with us because he does pretty well on car drives and it would be a LONG day for my mother if she had both boys. So we set off, expecting some snow, but once we passed the PA line, it got pretty bad. Some places got rather slick and we had a couple of periods of time where it was almost a whiteout from the amount of snowfall. We decided to just keep going because we were about an hour out and it would be a shame to turn around then. We finally arrived around Noon. There was some traffic on the last bit because everyone was moving slowly because of the snow. I was originally considering 3 sided day beds so Thing 2 couldn't wiggle out but all those beds had trundles and were too big for the space in our room where we wanted to put it. We decided on a daybed that was really more like a couch with a twin bed as the base. When we got to the self service storage area, there wasn't any of that product available and wouldn't be for several more weeks. We were about to leave and give the trip up as a bad job when we saw a bunk bed that was on sale for $99 because the entire shipment likely had scratches on the paint. I hadn't considered a bunk bed because they were more expensive and took up more room, but this one had a footprint that wasn't much larger than a twin mattress and was very sturdy. We decided to get that and just use the bottom bunk for sleeping and the top for storing bins. This works well because we would have needed a bunk bed anyway when we wanted to move Thing 2 in the bedroom with Thing 1. After getting a mattress and mattress protector, we managed to get out of IKEA for $200.08. A new record! We also did a quick run on Costco for some essentials we get from there.

The new arrangement has worked out well 2 out of the last 3 nights. Thing 2 didn't wake until 5:30 this morning and didn't want to settle back to sleep. So at 6:45 I handed him off to DH to get a little more sleep before work (Thing 2 slept on DH's lap for a further 2 hours). I think the previous two nights, he woke up before 4am and woke crying so I got to him before he climbed out of bed. This morning he woke me up by coming up to me on my bed and patting my back and saying "Mommy". So it was later in the night/morning and he woke up more completely. Good news though, he hasn't been in our bed at all the last 3 nights.
I’m SO glad to hear from you!! :hugs
Oh wow! Fungal pneumonia?! Never even heard of it.
That is what I thought too. I'm glad you are doing better @Chickassan!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I've had a busy few days. After a couple of nights of horrible sleep, we decided to take a trip up to the IKEA in Pittsburg (2.5-3 hours away) to look for a bedding solution for Thing 2 that would allow me to lay down in his bed, settle him, and then go back to my bed to keep him out of our bed. We left Saturday morning, hoping to arrive by 11. We left Thing 1 with my mom and took Thing 2 with us because he does pretty well on car drives and it would be a LONG day for my mother if she had both boys. So we set off, expecting some snow, but once we passed the PA line, it got pretty bad. Some places got rather slick and we had a couple of periods of time where it was almost a whiteout from the amount of snowfall. We decided to just keep going because we were about an hour out and it would be a shame to turn around then. We finally arrived around Noon. There was some traffic on the last bit because everyone was moving slowly because of the snow. I was originally considering 3 sided day beds so Thing 2 couldn't wiggle out but all those beds had trundles and were too big for the space in our room where we wanted to put it. We decided on a daybed that was really more like a couch with a twin bed as the base. When we got to the self service storage area, there wasn't any of that product available and wouldn't be for several more weeks. We were about to leave and give the trip up as a bad job when we saw a bunk bed that was on sale for $99 because the entire shipment likely had scratches on the paint. I hadn't considered a bunk bed because they were more expensive and took up more room, but this one had a footprint that wasn't much larger than a twin mattress and was very sturdy. We decided to get that and just use the bottom bunk for sleeping and the top for storing bins. This works well because we would have needed a bunk bed anyway when we wanted to move Thing 2 in the bedroom with Thing 1. After getting a mattress and mattress protector, we managed to get out of IKEA for $200.08. A new record! We also did a quick run on Costco for some essentials we get from there.

The new arrangement has worked out well 2 out of the last 3 nights. Thing 2 didn't wake until 5:30 this morning and didn't want to settle back to sleep. So at 6:45 I handed him off to DH to get a little more sleep before work (Thing 2 slept on DH's lap for a further 2 hours). I think the previous two nights, he woke up before 4am and woke crying so I got to him before he climbed out of bed. This morning he woke me up by coming up to me on my bed and patting my back and saying "Mommy". So it was later in the night/morning and he woke up more completely. Good news though, he hasn't been in our bed at all the last 3 nights.

That is what I thought too. I'm glad you are doing better @Chickassan!
Sounds like you may have found something that works 🤞🤞🤞 😁😁

Ok, Oprah eggs are hilarious.
20210119_154440.jpg

And...the worst "package" iv'e ever seen.
20210111_140557.jpg
20210111_140615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom