Good morning Sue. :frowI hope you are feeling pretty good today. We have great weather here.

Good morning Bob. :frow I hope you get to enjoy the day.

I think I will be very busy outside most of the day. I am making a pound cake and banana bread then a quick store run before heading out to clean coops and mess around in the yard.

I can't wait to see green grass and flowers!

Good morning Henny 😊 yes I'm feeling pretty good today, thankfully. Yesterday, I had all sorts of pains from sleeping wrong and just being old I think 😳. It's all good today, so I can get stuff done without stopping every 5 minutes.

Good morning all
Jonquils are up against the house on the north side. About 2ft away is a foot of snow ❄️

Good morning Mo 😊 hopefully your snow will be gone soon, have a great day.

Good Morning everyone! We have a couple of Grape Hyacinths blooming -- 64 yesterday we were BBQing on the patio at 5:00, but not nice enough to eat outside by then.

Good morning Parront 😊 enjoy your day

snow still too deep for plants peeping----but warm weather predicted all this week

Good morning Cheepteach 😊 enjoy your day

Good morning all
Jonquils are up against the house on the north side. About 2ft away is a foot of snow ❄️
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day
Good Morning everyone! We have a couple of Grape Hyacinths blooming -- 64 yesterday we were BBQing on the patio at 5:00, but not nice enough to eat outside by then.
:frow Good morning Parront, have a great day
snow still too deep for plants peeping----but warm weather predicted all this week
:frow Good morning Cheepteach, have a great day

Here is a photo of 2 Barred Holland girls. On the left is one from Sandhill Preservation, the other is one from @rjohns39 . The comb flops over on the bird on the left, none of Bobs birds have combs like this. Is this something to select out? More of the cockerels had these combs than the pullets. These from Sandhill are a little lighter color barring, too.

Attachments

• 2HensCombs.jpg
    2HensCombs.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 5
I wouldn't use the one on the left for breeding. What do their feet and tails look like?
Nice yellow chicken feet! :lau Here are a couple more. The hen in the front has a little less flop to her comb, she is a favorite with the cockerel. I would say that they are a little larger for their age, also.

Attachments

• BarredHolland_hen.jpg
    BarredHolland_hen.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 5
  • Barred Holland_flock.jpg
    Barred Holland_flock.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom