Good afternoon everyone. I was going to the grocery store, then remembered it's Saturday. I'll go Monday. I'm not fighting the weekend crowds, and there is nothing we have to have immediately.

Rae, it's nice to see you. It's even better news that you're rightly dividing your time, instead of trying to keep pace, and wearing yourself out. I've always said that as the belly grows with the child to be, an extra set of arms/hands should grow too. In addition, there should be a lot of extra energy.

In reality, a human being the size of an overgrown football, deems that getting some rest, is for wimps. Something that tiny can drain all energy reserves from not just one, but from both parents. In addition, babies require more specialized equipment than a computer lab. Special bedding, special carrier/car transport system, special laundry soaps and fabric softeners, special shampoo, special bath soap, special hairbrush, special butt wipes, special fingernail clippers, special nasal cleaning systems, special feeding equipment (in most cases). Most of those specialized items must be transported each, and every time with said infant. It's like moving day each time the mother takes her child anywhere.

Of course mom doesn't have enough hands to deal with it all. There is no software for "Alexa, feed the older toddler while, I change the baby's diaper". There is no, "Alexa, pick up the diaper that just fell down, while I rinse the baby, and get it dried off". There is NO app for that.

Good afternoon everyone. I was going to the grocery store, then remembered it's Saturday. I'll go Monday. I'm not fighting the weekend crowds, and there is nothing we have to have immediately.

Rae, it's nice to see you. It's even better news that you're rightly dividing your time, instead of trying to keep pace, and wearing yourself out. I've always said that as the belly grows with the child to be, an extra set of arms/hands should grow too. In addition, there should be a lot of extra energy.

In reality, a human being the size of an overgrown football, deems that getting some rest, is for wimps. Something that tiny can drain all energy reserves from not just one, but from both parents. In addition, babies require more specialized equipment than a computer lab. Special bedding, special carrier/car transport system, special laundry soaps and fabric softeners, special shampoo, special bath soap, special hairbrush, special butt wipes, special fingernail clippers, special nasal cleaning systems, special feeding equipment (in most cases). Most of those specialized items must be transported each, and every time with said infant. It's like moving day each time the mother takes her child anywhere.

Of course mom doesn't have enough hands to deal with it all. There is no software for "Alexa, feed the older toddler while, I change the baby's diaper". There is no, "Alexa, pick up the diaper that just fell down, while I rinse the baby, and get it dried off". There is NO app for that.
Good morning Clue :frow Enjoy your Saturday

Thanks for the laugh with Alexa 😂😂 wouldn't that be nice if she was able to help.

The tomatoes did alright last night, yay! They are very small and scrawny still so I dont know when I should plant them.
I finished the big bed and planted the corn and pumpkins and cantaloupe. Am soaking the beans to put in tomorrow. Moved the kiddie pool brooders. Small one out front for flower bed and big one in back by the bed, also for flowers. Got some fencing put up for the deer. Digging out my deer netting also for the small bed to keep the deer out of it. Hubs was mowing in the garden and decided the gate needed to go into the veg bed onto my new sprouts, then gets mad when i asked why he didnt out it anywhere else. I dont think that did too much damage since its just wire, but still.

@getaclue now THAT would actually be helpful 🤣🤣

The tomatoes did alright last night, yay! They are very small and scrawny still so I dont know when I should plant them.
I finished the big bed and planted the corn and pumpkins and cantaloupe. Am soaking the beans to put in tomorrow. Moved the kiddie pool brooders. Small one out front for flower bed and big one in back by the bed, also for flowers. Got some fencing put up for the deer. Digging out my deer netting also for the small bed to keep the deer out of it. Hubs was mowing in the garden and decided the gate needed to go into the veg bed onto my new sprouts, then gets mad when i asked why he didnt out it anywhere else. I dont think that did too much damage since its just wire, but still.

@getaclue now THAT would actually be helpful 🤣🤣

How tall in inches are the tomatoes?
I shoot for night temps above 45. This year we are still seeing low 40's and a few upper 30's. My big ole better boys have been through a few nights in the 30's and are ok.

Are you planting a lot or a few? The "wall-o-water" things actually really do work. They can get pricey if you need many.

When I used them I had a bucket I had cut the bottom out of (it was a leaky bucket so it didn't matter) so I could keep the handle up top.

Hot caps are another option but I always lost them to the wind.
In olden times people used glass cloches. Think mini greenhouse over each plant.

I have used milk jugs with the bottoms cut off for emergency plant covers when a storm rolled in bringing snow.

The walls O water heat up during the day and take longer to cool off since water cools slower than air.

When I used them I had a bucket I had cut the bottom out of (it was a leaky bucket so it didn't matter) so I could keep the handle up top.

Hot caps are another option but I always lost them to the wind.
In olden times people used glass cloches. Think mini greenhouse over each plant.

I have used milk jugs with the bottoms cut off for emergency plant covers when a storm rolled in bringing snow.

The walls O water heat up during the day and take longer to cool off since water cools slower than air.
Oh! Huh, never heard of it but makes sense.

Oh! Huh, never heard of it but makes sense.

At just a few inches a milk jug can help them some. Leave the cap off or they will cook during the day. :rolleyes: ask me how I know.

Milk jugs, 2 liter soda bottles, and big juice bottles come in handy. I have put soda bottles over my bean seeds burying them about 3" into the soil to keep them safe while they sprout. I plan to do that this year too.

Back
Top Bottom