Good Sunday Morning everyone!
How could anyone not feed their animals, of any kind???? I am afraid that I would report such behavior to Animal Control. Fines and penalties exist for such cruelty.:mad:
Good morning Parront 😊 Enjoy your Sunday!

Yup, I really feel the energy comment. Things are getting slightly easier now. The Milk Drinker is getting better about being put down and I’ve had a good bit more energy the last week. It feels good to be able to get things done.
Good morning Rae 😊 Enjoy your Sunday

Good Sunday Morning everyone!
How could anyone not feed their animals, of any kind???? I am afraid that I would report such behavior to Animal Control. Fines and penalties exist for such cruelty.:mad:
Well technically your no supposed to have Chickens as pets in the Keys.. they give you want we all call a Chicken Ticket.. over he years they have gotten a little better about not saying or doing anything but my mom is afraid they would take the chickens and put them down...
Chickens have run wild in in Key West for years and years mostly Games. But I know her she will feed and water them and make sure that they are fine. She will eventually take them and bring them to me in a week.
I will have to see if they can still get in trouble for having chickens where my mom is on the keys, if not I will tell her to report it.

Well technically your no supposed to have Chickens as pets in the Keys.. they give you want we all call a Chicken Ticket.. over he years they have gotten a little better about not saying or doing anything but my mom is afraid they would take the chickens and put them down...
Chickens have run wild in in Key West for years and years mostly Games. But I know her she will feed and water them and make sure that they are fine. She will eventually take them and bring them to me in a week.
I will have to see if they can still get in trouble for having chickens where my mom is on the keys, if not I will tell her to report it.
So, your mom is afraid she will get a ticket for her own chickens, then?

Yup, I really feel the energy comment. Things are getting slightly easier now. The Milk Drinker is getting better about being put down and I’ve had a good bit more energy the last week. It feels good to be able to get things done.
Three little guys, it is a wonder you get anything else done! Glad you are getting your energy level back. Making milk takes a lot of energy, you know!

So, your mom is afraid she will get a ticket for her own chickens, then?
That or them taken away, she is close to moving up here and she doesnt want to lose them she doesnt know what they will do now, alot of the animal control people are evil and some are nice its hard to say. I mean I dont blame her the Keys kinda have their own rules and it's like a different world there. Hopefully she will just break those chickens out and be done with it lol

A couple pics of my coop expansion that took WAY to long.

IMG_20210516_113915.jpg IMG_20210516_113941.jpg

Everything in this nest bay comes out if needed for cleaning....including the vertical dividers.
IMG_20210516_113958.jpg

My salvaged screen door window.
IMG_20210516_114023.jpg IMG_20210516_114255.jpg

The birds seem content enough. Well...Rudy isn't super happy about the new neighboring chickens.

OH and a bonus pic of Aurora. Check out her legs! They are 2 different colors.

IMG_20210516_114134.jpg

View attachment 2672475View attachment 2672477

Everything in this nest bay comes out if needed for cleaning....including the vertical dividers.
View attachment 2672478

View attachment 2672479View attachment 2672480

The birds seem content enough. Well...Rudy isn't super happy about the new neighboring chickens.

View attachment 2672490
It always looks so good when they first move in! 2 colors on her legs, wow. Like one blue eye and one brown eye for other animals?

View attachment 2672475View attachment 2672477

View attachment 2672478

View attachment 2672479View attachment 2672480

View attachment 2672490
Wow, looking very nice 😍, I like how you have the nest boxes and it looks so roomy.

It always looks so good when they first move in! 2 colors on her legs, wow. Like one blue eye and one brown eye for other animals?

Clean only lasts a few days with chickens. :lau
It's certainly Interesting that she got 2 colors. They have been that way since she was hatched I am sure. I noticed it at 2 months old. I like my weird chickens.

Wow, looking very nice 😍, I like how you have the nest boxes and it looks so roomy.

Thank you Sue. It took some figuring out to get everything in that nest bay so I can pull it all out. Those dish pans make things easier. I have them in the other coop. Super handy to empty and refill as well as pulling out while a mean broody is in it. No pecking while I reach under lol. It is likely a bit taller than they really need.

Back
Top Bottom