I need tips and tricks to rid my front flower bed of weeds.
I had seriously overgrown bushes out there. Those where cut down and most of the stumps pulled out. Now I have a garden of Canadian thistle and pricker bushes. A few other plants I can't identify but consider weeds.

I was out there yesterday with leather gloves and a machete. Handful of weeds, "ouch! Son of a b....! 💩", followed by a quick chop to separate them from their roots. I'm fine with killing off whatever is out there. But how? I'm thinking a flame thrower would be the most satisfying. The house is brick...it will be fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Really though give me your ultimate plant killer recipes. (Now that I say that I should treat them like plants and try to keep them alive. I'll surely kill them! 🤦🏻‍♀️)

I had seriously overgrown bushes out there. Those where cut down and most of the stumps pulled out. Now I have a garden of Canadian thistle and pricker bushes. A few other plants I can't identify but consider weeds.

I was out there yesterday with leather gloves and a machete. Handful of weeds, "ouch! Son of a b....! 💩", followed by a quick chop to separate them from their roots. I'm fine with killing off whatever is out there. But how? I'm thinking a flame thrower would be the most satisfying. The house is brick...it will be fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Really though give me your ultimate plant killer recipes. (Now that I say that I should treat them like plants and try to keep them alive. I'll surely kill them! 🤦🏻‍♀️)
Good morning Nunny :frow I like the way you think 😉

Good morning everyone.
Good morning Clue :frow

:frow Good morning Nunny, have a great day... I'll be watching for answers as I need them too.
Good morning everyone.
:frow Good morning Clue, have a great day

Pics of the offenders will help in how to kill them.

Some toxins never dissipate in the soil like 24D. That crap one applied will kill everything forever. I do not ever recommend it.

Eliminating light while adding heat works over time. Layers (and I mean many layers) of newspaper, cardboard and big sheets of pool liner or other thick black plastic have been successful for me. They need to remain in place at least 2 full years.

Once removed DO NOT TILL as that brings the super tough weed seeds to the surface to grow again.

Depending on future plans for that area a commercial very heavy weed barrier laid on top can have holes cut to plant the desired things through.
It can also be topped with a THICK layer of rock and have big pots added if you want to grow and have more control of the weeds.

I am going with flagstone here since I can weed eat right on top of it and control weeds that way.

These poor things have been BRUTALLY uprooted and moved. Pray for them. They need all the help they can get.

IMG_20210731_094401.jpg

Good late as a mofo morning!
I've got zero excuses, totally my fault I'm late but it sort of partially was a bottle of Jamaican rums fault too... and vanilla ice cream... possibly a pineapple.
Anyway, I'm never allowed to organize the pantry without supervision again.😂

Lol, you thought my girls did some expert polishing for a second didn't you?
Faverolles eggs are matte I'm taking extremely matte like one of those fake eggs they sell.
That snake slobber had that thing so slippery just picking it up was a challenge.

I realized after reading more that it was snake goo! :sick
Fishy, are you sure you aren't hiding a weirdly specific superpower? 😂
Good night everybody :frow

im such a weirdo. My hand looks like nothing happened 🤷🏻‍♀️. Trust me, im not complaining one bit. But ive had much less "ouchy" burns that left scars and this one just disappeared. I have just the faintest trace of a blister and it doesnt even hurt. It was on the side of the hand so maybe the skin is thicker there or maybe
it was the hour + spent holding an ice pack on it 😂😂

henny be careful in that heat!
Don't overdo just because you don't instantly melt, super easy to do that.:)
Good morning Bob. :frow

Today should be a wonderfully cooler day here Sue. We will be back to the heat before long but I plan to take full advantage of today.
Nunny, I copper sulfated a few of the beds here to kill of yucca bushes, thistles, and some kind of rose bushes from the gates of hell.
It really did a decent job considering the chosen victims are not easy to kill.
Omg, unrelated but I got an itty bottle of prophalis tincture from ebay supposedly 70% in a grain alcohol suspension and being the reincarnated lab rat I am tried it before anyone else.
Wow, thick, jet black liquid that smelled like the lovechild of unwashed butt and honey.
Bonus, if you made skin contact it stains...100% poop color.
I wasn't expecting perfection, even though I've been spoiled.
Wasn't expecting to do a cartoon level spit take either, totally happened though.
I can't wrap my head around wtf I experienced, it was just that out there.

Back
Top Bottom