Hi everybody :frow

Have I mentioned how much I hate pulling up carpet? 🤢. So much stuff! So many mystery stains! So stinky! I’m wiping it down right now to paint it. Its going to be interesting though as I cant seem to find my staple puller. I may borrow the work one instead. My mouth is still a bit sore from all the poking and prodding. They were having all kinds of trouble and it took SO long :th
On a positive note, its finally raining :celebrate

I would love to toss together a knicknack shelf and get rid of my curio cabinet, but all I see online are beyond my skill level. Im thinking basswood, not ripping oak 2x4’s. My knicknacks are small and lightweight. So, perfect for this thing. I remember my grandma had one for her thimbles.

Hi @Anansi :frow Arent you getting the dog from an agency or something? I would think they would provide you with those services.

All our service dogs are owner trained. Peach is the only pure breed of the 3, and the only one we got from a breeder, except for LT, but he's the family dog so he just keeps us all safe. The other two service dogs are Chihuahua mixes. One is part Springer Spaniel and the other is part standard, miniature and toy poodle. They are both pound puppies, and started doing their jobs without specific training. All 3 are DD#3's, but only 2 work for her. The other one works for DD#1. DD#3's Chihuahua mix, Trixie, actually trained Bailey, the other Chihuahua mix, how to be a medical alert dog, and he also helps distract DD#1 when sensory issues and anxiety issues get in the way of her being able to go out and do things.

Peach and Trixie 20210731_194448.jpg

Bailey
20210730_180651.jpg

And LT
received_867870123735599.jpeg

The type of work I'm trying to get is as a medical assistant, which would pay at least $20.50/hr. All of that would go toward the things I need to do for Peach and DD#3. The trip to Colorado would be a sight seeing vacation as well for her and a sister. It would take 2 able bodied to do a trip like that with her, just because she would need so much additional help with such a long trip. Her energy levels would hit rock bottom so I'm planning on at least 10 days round trip, more likely 2 weeks. I definitely have a couple people I want to meet in Colorado, including a Squatcher :plbb

Y'all have a great day :hugs

Last edited:
Morning everyone. :frow

Another fun filled day trying to straighten out the production line. When I left it 4 years ago it was running well. Now it's a hot mess. I had a good talk with the company owner and am green lighted to purchase whatever I need to fix that mess as well as reorganization. That includes recommendations on employees. Saying someone is a waste of time is not something I take lightly.

Good morning everyone 😊

Another fun filled day trying to straighten out the production line. When I left it 4 years ago it was running well. Now it's a hot mess. I had a good talk with the company owner and am green lighted to purchase whatever I need to fix that mess as well as reorganization. That includes recommendations on employees. Saying someone is a waste of time is not something I take lightly.
Good morning Henny 😊

Good morning folks :frow

:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day Cleaning house is never fun but sometimes very necessary:hugs

Good morning all 🌧️
10 degrees colder than normal, light rain and windy :sick
Had 3 chicks and a poult hatch out a few days ago. 2 flighty chicken moms. The poult was from a bait egg at least 3 wks old when they started sitting. They were too flighty to get it out. I didn't think it would hatch and didn't know what else they had. Poult had troubles getting it's feet under it at first. Yesterday it was wandering away and running back... Today they were outside of the nest box and it was in the nest, then it came out but didn't go under a hen. Crying the whole time. Came back with water and it was back in the box. I put it under a hen who was ready to run but didn't. Not sure if it's going to make it. It's 55f

Good morning all 🌧️
Had 3 chicks and a poult hatch out a few days ago. 2 flighty chicken moms. The poult was from a bait egg at least 3 wks old when they started sitting. They were too flighty to get it out. I didn't think it would hatch and didn't know what else they had. Poult had troubles getting it's feet under it at first. Yesterday it was wandering away and running back... Today they were outside of the nest box and it was in the nest, then it came out but didn't go under a hen. Crying the whole time. Came back with water and it was back in the box. I put it under a hen who was ready to run but didn't. Not sure if it's going to make it. It's 55f
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day

Good morning all 🌧️
Good morning Mo 😊 hope your poult makes it

Back
Top Bottom