Good morning all
50f going to 65f
Found one of the black chicks killed under a feeder yesterday. Not sure who did it, they are in the main coop, so I will blame a turkey....or a cockerel.
Poult was crying in the wrong nest box about 10ft from the 2 moms this morning. You'd think one would go to it. First time moms. They both went broody earlier in the year and didn't hatch the eggs they were sitting on.
I don't really want to take the babies inside this late in the year. I don't have anywhere to move the broodies and they are flighty and would panic anyway.

Good to know your respected and they will listen to you.
Why did you leave that job and are things different now?

There were several reasons actually.
#1 was my health was a mess. I was having severe kidney pain and multiple times a day severe chest pain.
#2 was the workload. I was (not even joking here) the only lead over 5 product lines, did ALL the quality control including every single sub assembly, repaired units sent in by customers, trained all new employees, interviewed perspective employees, assisted in shipping at least 2 times a week when they were behind, was handed tech service calls when the person in the office couldn't figure it out, and kept a close eye on stock levels so nothing ever ran completely out. In addition to that I built the big machine in my zone....total unit weight 850 pounds. Yup not much was light on that beast.
#3 I was supposed to be moving to the position of tech service office person but obstacles were constantly thrown in my path.
#4 I waited 5 dang years for a raise and then it was tiny.

It is NOT better. I walked in to find employees building parts on the floor....literally.... while tables were stacked with parts that should have been in the stockroom. No one is checking sub assemblies so getting a unit built is a miracle. No one is using the assembly books I put together. The supervisor is a pain. He want ALL stock as point of use. I was tempted to drag it all into that tiny area and ask "So now where do we build? Not all parts are unit specific so which line do you want them in?". Instead I had a talk with the owner and am green lighted to fix that crap.

Oh and there were...yes WERE 2 employees who took 30 minute breaks and might as well have not even been there at all for what little they got done. Yup I saw to it the owner was aware and they are gone.

It is going to take some time to fix but I am willing to.

Fun development. That second shift job I worked for just a couple weeks has asked me to come in this Saturday. Yup I am going in. They are paying me $300 for an 8 hour day shift.

Good morning all
50f going to 65f
Found one of the black chicks killed under a feeder yesterday. Not sure who did it, they are in the main coop, so I will blame a turkey....or a cockerel.
Poult was crying in the wrong nest box about 10ft from the 2 moms this morning. You'd think one would go to it. First time moms. They both went broody earlier in the year and didn't hatch the eggs they were sitting on.
I don't really want to take the babies inside this late in the year. I don't have anywhere to move the broodies and they are flighty and would panic anyway.
Kept finding the poult everywhere but with the chicks. He was looking bad so I now have a house turkey. He wouldn't shut up in my shirt, which is unusual. But once the mama heating pad was warmed up and he was under he was quite.
Dipping his beak in a slurry hopefully he will figure it out. He peaks out of the heating pad but doesn't come out while I'm looking.

There were several reasons actually.
#1 was my health was a mess. I was having severe kidney pain and multiple times a day severe chest pain.
#2 was the workload. I was (not even joking here) the only lead over 5 product lines, did ALL the quality control including every single sub assembly, repaired units sent in by customers, trained all new employees, interviewed perspective employees, assisted in shipping at least 2 times a week when they were behind, was handed tech service calls when the person in the office couldn't figure it out, and kept a close eye on stock levels so nothing ever ran completely out. In addition to that I built the big machine in my zone....total unit weight 850 pounds. Yup not much was light on that beast.
#3 I was supposed to be moving to the position of tech service office person but obstacles were constantly thrown in my path.
#4 I waited 5 dang years for a raise and then it was tiny.

It is NOT better. I walked in to find employees building parts on the floor....literally.... while tables were stacked with parts that should have been in the stockroom. No one is checking sub assemblies so getting a unit built is a miracle. No one is using the assembly books I put together. The supervisor is a pain. He want ALL stock as point of use. I was tempted to drag it all into that tiny area and ask "So now where do we build? Not all parts are unit specific so which line do you want them in?". Instead I had a talk with the owner and am green lighted to fix that crap.

Oh and there were...yes WERE 2 employees who took 30 minute breaks and might as well have not even been there at all for what little they got done. Yup I saw to it the owner was aware and they are gone.

It is going to take some time to fix but I am willing to.

Fun development. That second shift job I worked for just a couple weeks has asked me to come in this Saturday. Yup I am going in. They are paying me $300 for an 8 hour day shift.
I was thinking that was the job, hopefully it will get straightened out and be better.
Nice for the Saturday work.

I was thinking that was the job, hopefully it will get straightened out and be better.
Nice for the Saturday work.

It's already improving. I was in there last Saturday cleaning and starting reorganization. The 2 idiots are gone so now it's me and 2 guys who actually care if they do a good job. I have given purchasing a list of needs and as things roll in they are being given to me. So far just tools. I am missing several heavy duty tables and heavy duty racking. Those will take longer. The line is 2-3 weeks behind in production and without proper tooling playing catch up is near impossible. Then there is the attitudes being thrown around by those who feel threatened by my experience and immediate title....and key to the plant along with alarm code.
The owner is handling the supervisors tude and I lined a couple people out on the floor. Yup I still don't stand for bad attitudes.

Back
Top Bottom