Good morning all

All I know about bunnies is that cottontail taste good :gig

Back in the 80s I did get a trio of New Zealand. I kept them together and never had babies. 2 died after a year and I let the last one loose in a fenced yard. Hoping for a cottontail Zealand mix.... Of course she dug out but survived another year. She disappeared and I found some hide out in the pasture. Assuming she was out and a coyote got her.

Good morning folks :frow

Good morning everybody :frow

Oh! As you can see by my new profile pic, there is a brand new book available that I really wish I had a few years ago. I definitely bought it and cannot wait for it to get here! :celebrate
I have high hopes I will learn something.

I started a thread last night on here and BYH because Im very concerned my buck may not be as pure as I was told by his breeder. The two I sold yesterday had reddish fur spread all throughout and even some white showing :hit The breeder also had white New Zealands. I also put up a Wanted thread on BYH for a new buck. I should probably put one on here too.
On the plus side I never advertised them as show quality but I do have pedigrees for them and just dont want a bad reputation in the bunny world. Here is a pic of dad:
View attachment 2875584
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day
Good morning everyone. :frow

I don't know much of anything about show bunny stuff Fishy. :idunno
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day
Good morning all

All I know about bunnies is that cottontail taste good :gig

Back in the 80s I did get a trio of New Zealand. I kept them together and never had babies. 2 died after a year and I let the last one loose in a fenced yard. Hoping for a cottontail Zealand mix.... Of course she dug out but survived another year. She disappeared and I found some hide out in the pasture. Assuming she was out and a coyote got her.
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day

Someone here replied and linked to a BYH thread. Hopefully then its either urine splash or pre molt color change. I feel lots better! There are few things worse than a mark on your rep!

I am thinking it's the shedding thing more than urine staining. I think I see the fluff loosening just above the red fluff.

Maybe try running a comb through the red and see if fluff comes out like brushing a shedding doggie. :confused:

I am thinking it's the shedding thing more than urine staining. I think I see the fluff loosening just above the red fluff.

Maybe try running a comb through the red and see if fluff comes out like brushing a shedding doggie. :confused:
Yes, hes been shedding like crazy! Big chunks too, not loose hairs like the others. He gives me grief now when I reach to pet him because he thinks Im going to pluck the loose bits off 🤣

Tried to do a dinner out for hubs b-day.....it ended badly.
There is a "cajun" restaurant he wanted to try next town over.
The hush puppies were dense....really really dense and dry. The fried catfish and shrimp were not crispy but cold and soggy. My pasta with spicy sausage and shrimp was undercooked, cold and the sausage was burnt.

On the drive home with empty tummies we drove past many fast food joints, sit down restaurants and grocery stores. He was grumpy....until I said "There's Petco. They have fish!" At least he could laugh at that.

We ended up at Dairy Queen....no not a full menu joint....and left with corn dogs and oreo blizzards.

I will make fried walleye and fries tomorrow for him.

Back
Top Bottom