Good morning everyone. Try to stay warm, and hydrated.
Good morning Clue :frow
Brrr! everybody 🥶
-6° this morning! The car started :)celebrate), but i didnt let it run ling enough so I ended up having to pull over the side of the road and wait 10 m’s for the windshield to clear a few inches so i could see where i was going. The other windows werent affected, just the windshield. I really miss my garage :hit
Still working on the remodel though, so thatll have to wait to be cleared out.

My “new” washer cleans fur right off the clothes. Yay! But it doesnt last long 🤣
Good morning Fishy :frow Stay warm 🥶

Hi Folks,

The boys are on the mend but I have a cold now and am going through tissues like they are going out of style. It seems to only be a minor head cold with a slight cough for the moment. Not Covid, we've gotten everything BUT that.
We have tons of opossums around here and we had major tick issues until we got guineas.

Hoping for a fast recovery Rae.

Happy Friday everyone!! We made it!!!

tenor.gif

Good morning everyone.

We are getting more snow here. it was in the low single digits here this morning. I'm so glad I went out two days ago and gave the pigs hay. You really can't tell there are pigs out there at the moment, they are so buried in it.

With everything that is going on, I decided to make an appointment with a butcher for the two barrows. Thankfully they had an opening on 2/8. I really don't have the setup to do them myself at this point, we've all been sick off and on for going on 3 months now, and I haven't done a butchering of pigs on my own yet. The guy that helped us with our last set of barrows two years ago stopped responding to my FB messages so that's a bust. I think once we have piglets, I might try slaughtering butchering a few young stoats to get more experienced with it before trying a full grown AGH on my own.

I decided to take 2/7-2/8 off because the next week is the earliest I can expect piglets based on the boar and sows being transported here together. I want to have the complete carport pen built with sidewalls to protect the babies from the wind. The girls are starting to definitely look pregnant. Their teets are more visible, but they aren't bagging up yet. Hopefully that long weekend isn't after babies come. I'll have to make sure I get out there more often and watch them.

Good morning everyone.

We are getting more snow here. it was in the low single digits here this morning. I'm so glad I went out two days ago and gave the pigs hay. You really can't tell there are pigs out there at the moment, they are so buried in it.

With everything that is going on, I decided to make an appointment with a butcher for the two barrows. Thankfully they had an opening on 2/8. I really don't have the setup to do them myself at this point, we've all been sick off and on for going on 3 months now, and I haven't done a butchering of pigs on my own yet. The guy that helped us with our last set of barrows two years ago stopped responding to my FB messages so that's a bust. I think once we have piglets, I might try slaughtering butchering a few young stoats to get more experienced with it before trying a full grown AGH on my own.

I decided to take 2/7-2/8 off because the next week is the earliest I can expect piglets based on the boar and sows being transported here together. I want to have the complete carport pen built with sidewalls to protect the babies from the wind. The girls are starting to definitely look pregnant. Their teets are more visible, but they aren't bagging up yet. Hopefully that long weekend isn't after babies come. I'll have to make sure I get out there more often and watch them.
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day and stay warm. Butchering a hog is a real challenge and a whole days work. I watched more than 100 videos before I tried it and learned that the one thing none of the vids told me was that position of the carcass is critical. Once I positioned it right, it was much easier to make the cuts.

Back
Top Bottom