Good morning everybody :frow
Enjoy the day
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day
Good morning all
56 and raining
Finished the first mowing of the grass yesterday.
Seen the stray cat again. I think it took a dead poult I had in the extra large box trap. I seen it by the trap at dusk.... and it's gone this morning. Bad eggs are still in the trap.
Otherwise no signs of predators
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day

Mo, are you sure you don't live next to a raccoon preserve? That's a LOT of raccoons.
Not anymore :gig
Normal is 9 per square mile. They travel 3 to 10 miles in a night. So I must be on everyone's route.

I have a forest preserve to the west and a neighbor to the east that feeds them. A couple of creeks that connects them.
Also I have caught several town folks releasing in the side driveway. They say they don't see the house because of the trees. ... I guess they can't hear the roosters either

☹️☹️ lost Poppy today. I came home to take care if them and she was laying there already gone. Im certain she was egg bound but the extra calcium either didnt work or she didnt take any. This isa major downside of not being home. Hubs just doesnt care about anything but himself and refuses to pay attention to the animals especially if theyre hurt. Argh!
Im sure there was more I couldve done byt just didnt have/make the time. ☹️☹️

☹️☹️ lost Poppy today. I came home to take care if them and she was laying there already gone. Im certain she was egg bound but the extra calcium either didnt work or she didnt take any. This isa major downside of not being home. Hubs just doesnt care about anything but himself and refuses to pay attention to the animals especially if theyre hurt. Argh!
Im sure there was more I couldve done byt just didnt have/make the time. ☹️☹️
Sorry for your loss. Sometimes there's nothing that works anyway.

I found a dead 5 yr old white CX mix hen. An hour ago.
Found a white CX, dark Cornish mix chick. Still damp and the turkey hen that hatched it out and about. I gave it to a different turkey hen that has chicken eggs that should hatch today. This turkey raised a pullet last year that slept next to her until she went broody. Now the pullet sleeps on top of the crate mom's in.

Sorry for your loss. Sometimes there's nothing that works anyway.

I found a dead 5 yr old white CX mix hen. An hour ago.
Found a white CX, dark Cornish mix chick. Still damp and the turkey hen that hatched it out and about. I gave it to a different turkey hen that has chicken eggs that should hatch today. This turkey raised a pullet last year that slept next to her until she went broody. Now the pullet sleeps on top of the crate mom's in.
Thanks 😊

Thats cute 😂

Back
Top Bottom