Hung out with kiddo for a bit and found him climbing a sopping wet pine tree :he
thankfully he made it back down okay and then we went to go eat at a new to us restaurant. It was really pretty good. Its one of those old favorites that, by our experience, has terrible food and new people get weird looks. When my coworker friend from CA and his wife went there and said it was good, i figured it was safe to try after 17 yrs living here 🤣🤣
hes latino and a bit self conscious due to his accent, giant scar, and tons of tattoos. True to form, hes a really nice guy and his wife and kiddo are also great, of course 🤣

we seriously had horrible experiences in several places here and got very anxious about these types of places. At one place the people at at least two tables fully turned around to gawk at us all through our entire visit. And the food was nasty. I had fried fish. It was cold and greasy.
At another place the people seemed okay, but the food was horrid. I ordered a half chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. I got a cornish hen, i swear, the mashed potatoes were gross and the gravy? i could literally cut it with my knife.

etc., etc. weird, just plain weird. Needless to say we stayed with fast food and chain places like good ol Bob Evans. I really do like trying new places. Believe it or not 😂

Back
Top Bottom