Oh, My Husband...

OC closet chicken fan,

I hope someday your wife realizes what a hidden treasure you are. I am so blessed because my hubby puts up with me and ALL of my animals, he is my Mr. Fix It. He is a city boy, (works in construction) but in six months has gotten hooked on living in the country on 5 acres with 6 Rocky Mountain Horses, 2 dogs, 5 cats. Just got the 1st of many chickens. 5 Welsummer pullets,1 Ameri X. Will be getting some Naked Necks and others. We will be getting some meat birds, hogs and a steer for the freezer. He wants to learn how to process all of them. My family grew up growing all of our food, dad was a old school butcher with hanging meat.
Oh yea, by the way he will cook,clean, do laundry, whatever needs to be done @ the time around the house. He is not a horse person, but does not mind if I go horse camping, or to a show for a week or more. His ideal of a horse is, put a key in it and have multiple horsepower. And he is making the time to learn about the all the animals I love.

Your kids are so blessed to have a dad like you as a role model. I know a few ladies that would just about kill for a man like you. Thank you for speaking up for a man who thought he was doing the right thing for the hens and would please his wife.

Sorry let me get off my soapbox,

Maye
Just had my 18th anniversary on the 23 of Oct.

Quote:
X2. I was trying to figure out the best response, and Maye nailed it. You're a great guy with great intentions. Hope the coop materializes soon - maybe you can turn it into a family effort? I bet the kids would love being a part of that process. I know my girls really enjoyed helping me get mine together -

Reyvaughn, doing a lot with so little is a continuous theme for me
wink.png
but i am used to it and get by... need for a motorcycle...midlife crisis phase? haha just kidding... i am trying to save on gas now and i ride a bicycle to and from work...a real pain in the you know where but really saves on gas so i ain't complaining... whatever extra i save i get to spend on chicken feed and whatever the kids are into these days.... "he is a child" hmmm why does that sound so familiar? lol that's the first thing that comes out right before i get chewed out... so i am in touch with my inner child... she stills attach to her mom...they are joined at the hips hahaha oh well...another story for another time... i feel ya... i do see where you are coming from... if anybody put my human/feathery flock at risk by casually introducing new unknown elements i would be ticked myself... if you haven't already maybe try to talk to your DH and try to educate him on the importance of biosecurity... i read a lot of horror stories about new birds from auctions and swaps contaminating established flocks and etc.... if its too boring of a topic maybe sneak that conversation when talking about motorcycles haha... if being "punished" meant building new coops, lock me up and throw away the key!!
clap.gif
...now if only i can apply some reverse psychology on wifey
wink.png

FlaRocky, OvertheHenHouse thanks! oh yes... the kids will be involved... instead of sending them to their usual timeout spot i will make them scoop up chicken poo
sickbyc.gif
...maybe i'll let them collect the eggs and stuff

oh well... time to lock up my credit cards so i can safely look at chicken catalogs
D.gif

Quote:
I know it sounds awful, but in the case with my husband, I am learning that when it comes to thinking, they hardly ever bother to do it.

My wife says that about me too
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
but she
hugs.gif
me very much
love.gif
because she finds me
gig.gif
lau.gif
at times.

You see ladies guys are wired a bit different. We have 2 points to think on "A" to "B" thats it we have no deeper thought process. Now being married for almost 30 years in January 2012 my wifes brain is "A" to "M" to "D" then to "G" and on to "Y" before I made it to "B". We are a bit slow you see!!
smack.gif
so what can I say other than
tongue.gif

I would be quite mad too but at least your husband brought home birds. Mine screams at me whenever I walk out the door..."NO MORE CHICKENS" I was told no birds yesterday and came home with 4. Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission hahaha

So,

Your husband bought home some red-sex links that
* You didn't want (you just sold off other sex-links)
* Don't belong anywhere in your breeding program
* You don't have space for
* Mayb or maynot be healthy
* & Your husband was aware of all of the above

IMHO List them on craigslist straight away - you'll "double your money" at the least, and the unwanted chickens will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom