-Western Bluebird

Day 2 (today), I saw and learned to identify the following:
-Anna's hummingbird
-Chestnut-backed Chickadee
-California Towhee
-Western Scrub-Jay
-Oak Titmouse
-Hermit Thrush
I also saw more of the dark-eyed junco, yellow-rumped warbler, Western bluebird, and Bewick's wren.

Other common birds:
-American Crow
-Mourning Dove
All really fun birds! We have many of those here! :)

Nice! I enjoyed paying closer attention to them and learning their names, because before they were simply birds to me. It certainly makes the backyard more interesting to have something to focus on and look forward to.
Definitely makes birds more interesting when you can ID them, my passion is watching wild birds, I Iove seeing new birds! Do you feed the wild birds? I have fed them pretty much my entire life. :D

Definitely makes birds more interesting when you can ID them, my passion is watching wild birds, I Iove seeing new birds! Do you feed the wild birds? I have fed them pretty much my entire life. :D
I would really love to feed the birds, but I have heard that wild birds can pass diseases to domestic ones. There are also a good number of squirrels around, and mice at night that might enjoy feasting on birdseed.

I would really love to feed the birds, but I have heard that wild birds can pass diseases to domestic ones. There are also a good number of squirrels around, and mice at night that might enjoy feasting on birdseed.
Very true. Definitely need to keep the chickens away from wild birds and squirrels are everywhere! :D

Very true. Definitely need to keep the chickens away from wild birds and squirrels are everywhere! :D
This squirrel in particular seems to frequent my backyard:
IMG_1283.JPG

Back
Top Bottom