Our "Oak Abode" chicken coop

Where The floor covering you used looks familiar. If it is the thin stuff with a grey/gray backing, you may be disappointed as -with the stuff we bought - that backing is organic paper of some sort that does not do well with moisture but gets along nicely with mildew/mold and such.

Suggest you consider FEED BAGS as they are inorganic, strong, waterproof and washable - did I mention free an colorful? If you can get te glue they use to make them, you should be able to do your floor with three bags by seaming them together. I use them in coops with smaller floor area (one bag covers it all) and simply peal them up, dump the accumulated shavings and (to quote Nancy) poo poo in a barrow or onto the ground, Hose them off and re-insert.
We did use the least expensive vinyl flooring that we found. If it doesn't hold up, then we will likely replace it when it becomes apparent that it needs it. We purchased it with the thought that it might just be a temporary solution.

So, turn that 2 x 4 ninety degrees - or, better yet, find yourself a limb and put it to use.
I'd really advise against that. Round roosts are fine as long as they're wide enough, but turning any squared off board on edge just forces the birds to rest the majority of their weight on the corner which can lead to foot problems.

Back
Top Bottom