Please help me with Loretta

Hedgeland Farms

Crowing
May 5, 2022
Southern Illinois
Loretta is a CCL. I purchased her from a feed store end of April. She eats All Flock 20% feed, has grit and oyster shells on the side. And will receive some scratch on the daily.

Yesterday she was last outta the coop which was unlike her. This morning I found her sitting in the back of the coop, on the floor and she has a bunch of bright yellow poo on her behind (that green stuff in it came after a few hours of being in the house). She drank some water with some honey and colloidal silver in it, and is currently nibbling some wet mash with a little yogurt on it. She moves, but is not active, and is falling asleep standing up.
I also gave her a calcium supplement.

ETA no signs of lice or mites

Attachments

• 20221222_084954.jpg
    20221222_084954.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221222_085020.jpg
    20221222_085020.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 5
How much calcium did you give her? It's possible she's having trouble getting an egg out. When was the last time she laid? Any shell issues with them?
I gave her 315mg of calcium with 200IU of Vit D

Idk if she laid yesterday but she hasn't today. I felt her belly and I thought maybe I felt something but I don't wanna push too hard. She is still pooping.

Had very few nibbles of scrambled eggs and will drink some water

ETA she's currently preening

Vent and rear look normal, and abdomen is squishy
Is that her crop area or her lower abdomen between the legs, is squishy? Check to see if her crop empties overnight by early morning after not eating or drinking for 8-10 hours. If you think she is egg bound, you can keep her in a warm humid room, such as the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom