Pics

ChloeGoldie

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2020
Australia
Hi all, I'd appreciate any advice anybody can give.
I have 12 quail and they are 2 weeks old now. It has all been going fine but today I noticed some are not thriving. There are 4 in the flock who have stopped being able to walk. they are just lying down and sleeping and when I put them on their feet, they can't use their legs properly and just stumble around falling over. One in particular seems it might die any moment. They are all being kept inside under a heat lamp and fed ground up game bird starter. The sick ones don't seem to be eating or drinking but I need to do more observation. The other 8 are all doing fine. I have separated the 4 sick ones for the moment. Please let me know if you have any experience with these symptoms, it's heartbreaking!

Attachments

• sickquail.jpg
    sickquail.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 47
I'm so sorry about them. I understand how heartbreaking it is. I'm very attached to all my quails. I had a quail hen who hatched out 10 chicks. One died when it was only a day old, two were killed by rats when they were 5 weeks old, three grew up fine, but the other five were pretty much like that.

I wish I could help you but I don't know what to do. Maybe @Nabiki could give better advice.

I'm sorry to hear about that!
I'm so sorry about them. I understand how heartbreaking it is. I'm very attached to all my quails. I had a quail hen who hatched out 10 chicks. One died when it was only a day old, two were killed by rats when they were 5 weeks old, three grew up fine, but the other five were pretty much like that.

I wish I could help you but I don't know what to do. Maybe @Nabiki could give better advice.
Sorry to hear about that! I think it could be Coccidiosis based on internet searching but I'm not sure.

What are you feeding them? What temperature are they in? Have you tried something like Nutridrench?
Ground up game bird starter. They are in a fairly big area with a heat lamp at one end so that they can regulate their temperature by being closer to or further from the heat source. I have not tried anything since I just have realised they are ill and am trying to understand why.

Ground up game bird starter. They are in a fairly big area with a heat lamp at one end so that they can regulate their temperature by being closer to or further from the heat source. I have not tried anything since I just have realised they are ill and am trying to understand why.
Another question, what does their poop look like?
Have you done a full examination of one to see if anything looks odd?

Hi all, I'd appreciate any advice anybody can give.
I have 12 quail and they are 2 weeks old now. It has all been going fine but today I noticed some are not thriving. There are 4 in the flock who have stopped being able to walk. they are just lying down and sleeping and when I put them on their feet, they can't use their legs properly and just stumble around falling over. One in particular seems it might die any moment. They are all being kept inside under a heat lamp and fed ground up game bird starter. The sick ones don't seem to be eating or drinking but I need to do more observation. The other 8 are all doing fine. I have separated the 4 sick ones for the moment. Please let me know if you have any experience with these symptoms, it's heartbreaking!
How hot is it in there?

I'm reading through now but that is my first question.

What is the temp under the light?

Back
Top Bottom