Please look- What is on his comb?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
My head roo has these scabs on his comb for a couple days now. No one else has even 1. He is eating (20% all flock) and drinking and acting normal. Crowing his head off as usual. It’s also hot as hades in Texas and the skeeters are no joke. I brought him in and cleaned with chlorhexidine solution then put some silver honey wound repair followed by a very thin layer of triple antibiotic and sent him on his way. While cleaning some of the scabs loosened but none really came off. No bleeding. He has been trying to mate (18weeks old) and the girls aren’t having it yet but I have not seen anyone peck him. I assume if the two Roos were fighting, my other boy would have some but he doesn’t. So, pox? Am I treating correctly?
@aart @nuthatched @Eggcessive @rosemarythyme @Overo Mare
@Wyorp Rock

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpeg
    IMG_3347.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3348.jpeg
    IMG_3348.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'd guess dry pox, a virus spread by mosquito's.
Best to leave hands off, I believe they'll be immune after it clears.

I think that is from pecking. It is mostly on one side, and I’m not seeing any on the face or wattles. The other side lipooks like dried blood.
I thought pecking too but I have not witnessed it. Should I just leave it be? As in no more cleaning it or anything? I got one vote pox from @aart and one vote from you on pecking lol.

Back
Top Bottom