Please tell me wich of these breeds will go Broody!!!!

Quote:
I'll swap you my broody 8-month-old barred rock for your nonbroody barred rock! She was my best layer up until 5/10, when she decided "it's time." Should call it moody instead of broody. Jeesh!

I gave away a BR... she went broody two weeks later and three weeks after that she hatched out her new owners 10 chicks!

I have 2 BRs that have decided they are going to camp out on the nests, doesn't seem to bother the other hens who just lay the eggs next to them and move on..... and they just started laying about 6 weeks ago too! Am personally debating on whether to give her some space and let her brood or what....

My silkie is the top brooder here...she's hatched chicks consecutively from 3 different clutches. She is now trying to get her chicks in a nest of eggs that belong to one of my other hens...
barnie.gif

Ok I guess i need to get a silkie. I have heard alot of good things about them in the past few days. I have no idea where to get one. My local ranch does not sell them. I will have to reaserch a little.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!!!!

Quote:
Amen to that! I had 2 Phoenix go broody earlier this year. 8 weeks later, they both went broody AGAIN. Now I've got a 3rd Phoenix broody. And they are great mamas.

Back
Top Bottom