poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

hide.gif

I have a speakeasy coop. Illegal but most neighbors are cool with it.

Illegal.....Live just barely in town....horses acrossed the street and chickens up the hill (even more intown and right off of the long walking path) fortunatly my neighbors on one side are deffinatly ok with it and will take care of them when I go out of town for the weekend....other neighbor better not have a problem or I will be calling in her violation of fire codes!!!! Find it rediculous all the towns around me have no problems....

Finally, I am now legal! I contacted the Board of Health Director for my town and he said that anything over 6 chickens just needs to be registered with the town and included on a yearly report to the state. No big form or permit required, just amount of chickens and my address. He further mentioned that the only things that could possibly become issues are if I had a roo (1 noise complaint and the roo is gone) and if anybody complained of the smell. He said keep that in mind when determining the location of the coop/run. I don't have a roo (as far as I know) so I am good there and my coop/run is hidden in my back yard, visible only to one neighbor who is over all the time playing with the chickens.
I guess in short, I'm legal!!!
I am part of a neighborhood with dreaded covenance and I had heard rumblings of my chickens - they can all go pound sand now!
lau.gif
tongue.gif

Depends on what time of year it is. Fall/Winter, I am mostly legal. Spring/Summer, I get quite illegal.
I have my geese illegally. And there is a number limit, so while it's legal to have poultry on my 4.5 acre farm, it's not legal to have tons of poultry. But I do anyway
wink.png
I raise meatbirds, so I am illegal for two months here and two months there
lau.gif
It's so laid back here, I have had Animal Control out here for my dog whining too loudly (ex neighbors, they were complain-a-holics about everyone), he was standing right in front of my coop and run and I was way over limit and he never said a word!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom