prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

No need to apologize. We are told in Scripture to pray for one another and also to bear one another's burdens. Also, DH and I were just reading tonight of the importance of believing, when we pray, that God hears and answers prayers. Therefore, if we ask according to His will, we can know that we ALREADY HAVE what we've asked for. Example, if we ask for forgiveness of our sins, or for wisdom, or stronger faith, or courage, or strength to resist temptation - these are all things we KNOW He wants us to have! He is not going to say, Nah, I don't think so! These promises are YES and Amen in Him. So when we pray we can say THANK YOU for hearing my prayer and for already GIVING me this gift, for I am asking it according to Your will - that is, asking in Your name, and I praise You for it.

Ask. Believe. Claim. The ABC of Prayer. And keep on praying and Praising. Every day. Just like we need physical food, we need spiritual food, every single day. Or really, just like we need to BREATHE, we need to pray. And keep reminding us to do the same. But don't apologize! *I* should apologize! Because without these reminders, I forget! And I'm sorry! But Jesus never, NEVER forgets you! You are engraved FOREVER on the palms of His hands. He hears your prayers too, Sister, as well as ours. We're not special. Our prayers are not magic. We're just here to encourage. He loves you! ❤️
Ya ain't alone @TheDawg ...I hesitate to post anything on BYC the past few weeks...much less this thread!
I feel like such a hypocrit, weakling, fraud.
But as I am pressing into God with all my heart and soul, praying for His will and not my own, I came across this...
Active faith or Passive faith
U see I've been really busy trying to understand if I truly believe God and His Word without doubting. We are told in James 1:5-7 to ask IN faith without waivering!
The Holy Spirit has helped me to identify this past few days that it isn't that I don't believe God can do any and everything. It is that I don't believe everything I ask for or desire is in His will therefore I waiver.
The commentary for the passage on the man Jesus heals at the pool of Bethesda in John 5 reveals the active vs passive faith which really sheds light on what I have been struggling with!
Here it is for myself as a reminder and hoping it may help shed light for you as well.
I'm still reading, praying, and unpacking all there is regarding this Scripture as I have struggled with major health problems since 2011...became nearly bed ridden for 10 years and have been off morphine and fentanyl for the past 3 years and no longer confined to the bed.
There is hope in Jesus! Each day am i finally able to thank Him for wakin up for a new day rather than askin Him why am i still here yet another one!
hugs to you @TheDawg
And thanks to all on this thread that are faithful in their prayers to Him for us that are yet waivering!
https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/smith_chuck/c2000_Jhn/Jhn_005.cfm

No need to apologize. We are told in Scripture to pray for one another and also to bear one another's burdens. Also, DH and I were just reading tonight of the importance of believing, when we pray, that God hears and answers prayers. Therefore, if we ask according to His will, we can know that we ALREADY HAVE what we've asked for. Example, if we ask for forgiveness of our sins, or for wisdom, or stronger faith, or courage, or strength to resist temptation - these are all things we KNOW He wants us to have! He is not going to say, Nah, I don't think so! These promises are YES and Amen in Him. So when we pray we can say THANK YOU for hearing my prayer and for already GIVING me this gift, for I am asking it according to Your will - that is, asking in Your name, and I praise You for it.

Ask. Believe. Claim. The ABC of Prayer. And keep on praying and Praising. Every day. Just like we need physical food, we need spiritual food, every single day. Or really, just like we need to BREATHE, we need to pray. And keep reminding us to do the same. But don't apologize! *I* should apologize! Because without these reminders, I forget! And I'm sorry! But Jesus never, NEVER forgets you! You are engraved FOREVER on the palms of His hands. He hears your prayers too, Sister, as well as ours. We're not special. Our prayers are not magic. We're just here to encourage. He loves you! ❤️

PS - I prayed for 17 years for deliverance from the slavery of nicotine, so I understand the need for "ongoing" prayer! I've been nicotine free, by His grace for 13+ years now! Whatever your battle, keep praying. "Your faith is the victory." Isn't that cool? Victory is not the victory. Your FAITH is the victory. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Leave the rest to Him. He can do what we cannot. ❤️

Praying for all requests

Ya ain't alone @TheDawg ...I hesitate to post anything on BYC the past few weeks...much less this thread!
I feel like such a hypocrit, weakling, fraud.
But as I am pressing into God with all my heart and soul, praying for His will and not my own, I came across this...
Active faith or Passive faith
U see I've been really busy trying to understand if I truly believe God and His Word without doubting. We are told in James 1:5-7 to ask IN faith without waivering!
The Holy Spirit has helped me to identify this past few days that it isn't that I don't believe God can do any and everything. It is that I don't believe everything I ask for or desire is in His will therefore I waiver.
The commentary for the passage on the man Jesus heals at the pool of Bethesda in John 5 reveals the active vs passive faith which really sheds light on what I have been struggling with!
Here it is for myself as a reminder and hoping it may help shed light for you as well.
I'm still reading, praying, and unpacking all there is regarding this Scripture as I have struggled with major health problems since 2011...became nearly bed ridden for 10 years and have been off morphine and fentanyl for the past 3 years and no longer confined to the bed.
There is hope in Jesus! Each day am i finally able to thank Him for wakin up for a new day rather than askin Him why am i still here yet another one!
hugs to you @TheDawg
And thanks to all on this thread that are faithful in their prayers to Him for us that are yet waivering!
https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/smith_chuck/c2000_Jhn/Jhn_005.cfm
Thank you all so much :hugs

Sorry to get depressing but it’s true :oops:
Truth
Recognizing it
Realizing it
Admitting it
Are the FIRST steps to take as you begin the journey only you can choose to take now.
When I was at my deepest in 2000 God sent me a post-it note. Yeah weird, but God will and does use any and everything to get our attention.
The choice is then up to each of us what we will do with it.
The post-it read this in mixed English on a stack of bills I received on my desk at work from another country to process for the legal department's outside counsel.
"Yet He still waits for you
to cry out to Him..."
Isaiah 30:18-19
I was so angry at the situation in my life at that time that I was fighting mad at God. IL
What did He think I had been doing for months but crying out to Him!?
That passage states:
18So the LORD must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the LORD is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for his help.
19O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem,
you will weep no more.
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
He will surely respond to the sound of your cries.
God's response to my cries were not answered in the way I wanted. I rebelled, turned against Him and tried to commit suicide yet again. This led to hospitalizations on and off again for over a year, too many medications, treatments and therapy to even begin to explain and yet I was NO better off than before the post-it note.
BUT...23 years later I am here to tell you we serve a MIGHTY GOOD LORD AND SAVIOR and oh is HE ever so FAITHFUL and PATIENT with us! He is the perfect gentleman waiting for us to truly come to HIM so that HE can shower us with HIS love as we GO THROUGH the deepest pit, darkest hour, depths of hell on earth!
I pray you too can get to that point...and much sooner than it has taken me to!
I never dreamed it possible to actually want to live another day! But now I do!
Praying for you @TheDawg !
amanda

Truth
Recognizing it
Realizing it
Admitting it
Are the FIRST steps to take as you begin the journey only you can choose to take now.
When I was at my deepest in 2000 God sent me a post-it note. Yeah weird, but God will and does use any and everything to get our attention.
The post-it read this in mixed English on a stack of bills I received on my desk at work from another country to process for the legal department's outside counsel.
to cry out to Him..."
I was so angry at the situation in my life at that time that I was fighting mad at God. IL
That passage states:
you will weep no more.
God's response to my cries were not answered in the way I wanted. I rebelled, turned against Him and tried to commit suicide yet again. This led to hospitalizations on and off again for over a year, too many medications, treatments and therapy to even begin to explain and yet I was NO better off than before the post-it note.
BUT...23 years later I am here to tell you we serve a MIGHTY GOOD LORD AND SAVIOR and oh is HE ever so FAITHFUL and PATIENT with us! He is the perfect gentleman waiting for us to truly come to HIM so that HE can shower us with HIS love as we GO THROUGH the deepest pit, darkest hour, depths of hell on earth!
amanda
Thank you so much! :hugs

Truth
Recognizing it
Realizing it
Admitting it
to cry out to Him..."
That passage states:
you will weep no more.
amanda
Moved to tears. Thank you for sharing.
Been there too.
He is faithful. Hang on to Him when you have nothing else to hang on to. He is there even when you cannot feel Him, hear Him. He will never let you go. The sun will shine again. Trust Him! ❤️:hugs

It feels like my mind is a prison and I’m trapped in it tbh. And it’s always winter in this prison. Cold and dark. 😭
:hugs you are NOT alone!

There is a story in the Bible about a man in a town called Gadarenes. This story starts in Luke 8:26. It's also in Mark 5. He lived in a cave (homeless). He didn't wear clothes (socially inappropriate). He was kept bound with chains and fetters but he broke them, and the evil spirits in him drove him into the wilderness. Mark 5 says he cut himself with sharp stones (self mutilation), and that he cried out among the tombs (Tourette's?). When Jesus cast a legion of demons out of him (could have been several thousand), and into a herd of pigs, those pigs committed suicide by running down into the sea where they drowned - imagine that poor man, resisting those destructive demons inside him all the time! But at the word of the Lord, they departed, leaving him in peace, free and in his right mind.

There was a time in my life when I felt like this man and I was in despair. God brought this event to my mind, and He told me He could set me free. All I had to do was ask! And ask I did! With tears! Desperately, with all my heart. And I kept asking, until I fell asleep. And when I woke the next morning, I knew I was healed. Oh, it wasn't 100% all at once, but for the first time in years I was at peace. The impulses urging me to kill myself, telling me I didn't deserve to live, were silenced. I still had to get a diagnosis (bipolar) and get on the right medication, but it was clear sailing after that. For the first time in years, I had hope.

God knows what you need. And He will answer YOUR prayers. All you have to do is ask. Just tell Him what you want, what you need. "Lord, I'm scared. I'm lonely. Help me to know I'm not alone. Let me know You're there, that You care. Show me what to do, and help me to do it." Just talk to Him from your heart. You can't shock or surprise Him, He already knows! Just ... let Him in. ❤️ Let Him heal you.

Back
Top Bottom