prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

One of my best friends needs your prayers. Her mom needed open heart surgery due to a condition she's had since childhood. Something's wrong with one of her valves - it won't close or something
hmm.png
my friend had to call 911 the other day because her mom couldn't feel her left side. She kinda panicked - friends name is Abby, mom's name is Crystal.
Oh, and on top of all that, their most reliable in-law passed away very recently.
sad.png

Thanks in advance
Praying for sure!

Hello peeps.
I'm not Cristian, But if you can all pray for my hen, Brownie I would be forever greatful(not that I'm not already
smile.png
)
She has Sour crop, and she won't eat or drink.
Thank you!

Praying for her. There is a thread...or two on BYC for this problem. A lot of folks have had success with what is suggested. :)

One of my best friends needs your prayers. Her mom needed open heart surgery due to a condition she's had since childhood. Something's wrong with one of her valves - it won't close or something :/ my friend had to call 911 the other day because her mom couldn't feel her left side. She kinda panicked - friends name is Abby, mom's name is Crystal.
Oh, and on top of all that, their most reliable in-law passed away very recently. :(
Thanks in advance

Praying

One of my best friends needs your prayers. Her mom needed open heart surgery due to a condition she's had since childhood. Something's wrong with one of her valves - it won't close or something :/ my friend had to call 911 the other day because her mom couldn't feel her left side. She kinda panicked - friends name is Abby, mom's name is Crystal.
Oh, and on top of all that, their most reliable in-law passed away very recently. :(
Thanks in advance

Hello peeps.
I'm not Cristian, But if you can all pray for my hen, Brownie I would be forever greatful(not that I'm not already :))
She has Sour crop, and she won't eat or drink.
Thank you!

Praying for all :hugs

I never knew that :(

Now you do! ;)

That's where Jesus comes in, Jake. God already knew what was going to happen, and He had a plan already in place. As Adam and Eve caused sin to destroy that relationship with each other, and God, Jesus came to reestablish it. Only through Christ can we have that perfect union with God back. After that, they got kicked out of the garden and into life as we know it...struggling to survive, pain, emotional urges, conflict... But Adam and Eve stayed together and followed Gods command to multiply. They made do with what they had been given. Their sin turned to the next generation with the first murder. And the story goes on.... Through the entire Bible, the plan that God had before he even created the world. The need for Jesus.

Now, what I am looking for is a fresh perspective on this verse...

To the woman he said, "I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be contrary to your husband, but he shall rule over you." And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."
Genesis 3:16‭-‬19 ESV
http://bible.com/59/gen.3.16-19.ESV

How are we contrary? What now divided wife and husband? Is it everything? Just minor differences? Struggle for control?

I'm just trying to understand the desire for my husband to rule over me... Is that why I can only seem to be happy if my husband is?

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that I am making a full but slow recovery. Been in bed all week since last Sunday, hobbled around a tiny bit each day, just to make sure I wouldn't stiffen up or anything, even if I was in aching pain hobbling around.

Feeling a lot better today, its still very sore, but not as sore as it was on Sunday. I'm actually able to sit down now without aching pain. And walk around a lot more. It might take me 2 weeks to fully recover, but I'm very grateful for the progress, and that's theres no broken bones!

Boy have I felt completely useless being in bed doing nothing for this long. But I guess it was actually good in a way, I've been doing too much the last couple of weeks, so some rest was good to have.

Have some lovely frizzles hatching right now, so that's also cheering my spirits, but im guilty of having too many chickens......
roll.png
I notice all the animals are driving everyone up the wall! I know my family cant wait for me to get back in the full swing of caring for the animals......I really don't blame them!

I'm also praying for everyone too
hugs.gif

ETA: Very thankful for everyone who prayed for me in this time, thank you

Last edited:
I can't stop myself from sharing what has happened over the last couple days....

God is supremely omnipotent master creator sovereign almighty God!

You guys know my story by now lol...the ex...3 years of hiding, scared out of my wits, protecting my little girls from this guy that had so much hate built up that I'm fairly certain he woukd have giggled with glee if my head had exploded....

Well, I've been feeling this...push..for quite some time now. Tried resisting it but it just got worse and worse...especially whenever we would study forgiveness etc... This verse specifically...

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
Luke 6:35‭-‬36 ESV
http://bible.com/59/luk.6.35-36.ESV

Guilt. That feeling I'd been fighting was the Holy Spirit; I'd been convicted. I knew there was no way I could get around it, I was being moved to contact my biggest enemy. :hit

On my own, I would have never done it. I would have cowered in the corner and denied it until it drove me back to drinking to cover the guilt. I prayed so hard on this...for years actually, waiting for the right words and timing, scared. Then this verse...

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
1 John 4:18 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1jn.4.18.ESV

Reminded me of this one....

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.
Psalms 27:1‭-‬2 ESV
http://bible.com/59/psa.27.1-2.ESV

I gave it to God and He gave me the words and the courage to press "send".... Round one was rough. ALOT of hate came back at me. I breathed through it, prayed more, and responded with what I dint even know what that was lol...it wasn't anything I would have ever said, seriously, it was...loving. Accepting, almost. I took the hate and like, absorbed it. It didn't even make me cringe!

3rd message was a glorious revelation to me of the power of God. Forgiveness, relief, comraderie, communication. I never in a million years woukd have ever thought that it was possible. I'm not scared anymore! My children can talk to their father and I can go.out in public without fear of retaliation or chaos!

Praise God! It's absolutely amazing. God gave me a challenge and waited to see if I was going to try on my.own and fail, or call on Him to fix it. I feel like my faith grew 10 feet and I will never doubt the Lord again! :)

Quote: Depends on which version you read: NIV:

16 To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

KJV:

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

NASB:

16 To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain [e]in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you.”

The following text is copied from this commentary: https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_Gen/Gen_3.cfm

2. (Gen 3:16) God's curse upon the woman.
To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children; your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."
a. I will greatly multiply your sorrow: God first cursed the woman with multiplied sorrow. Men and women have each known sorrow throughout history, yet the unique sorrow of women is well known.
i. Under Jesus, some of the effects of the curse are relieved, and it has been the Christianizing of society that brought rights and dignity to women.
ii. "It is difficult for women in Christian lands to realize the miseries of their hundreds of millions of sisters in pagan lands, where the lot of women is little above that of cattle. Where the gospel has gone, the load has been lifted, and woman in Christ has become the reflection of the redeemed Church, the bride of Christ." (Barnhouse)
b. Your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children: The first curse upon women is a broad one. It has the idea that women would experience pain in regard to their children in general, not just in the act of giving birth. God ordained that the pain with which women bring children into this world be an example of the pain they experience more generally in life.
i. It has been observed that women bring forth children with more pain than just about any other creature.
c. Your desire shall be for your husband: This is true of women in a way that it is not true for men. "This verse will be understood better when it is realized that the desire of man toward his wife alone is solely by God's grace and not by nature." (Barnhouse)
d. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you: The idea is to contrast the woman's desire and the husband's rule over her. This speaks of an inherent challenge in embracing the husband's role as leader of the home and family.
i. This same word for desire is used in Genesis 4:7 of the desire of sin to master over Cain. Because of the curse, Eve would have to fight a desire to master her husband, a desire that works against God's ordained order for the home.
ii. The principle of Adam's headship as a husband was established before the fall (see Genesis 2:18 and 2:22). Now the curse on Eve makes it much harder for her to submit and flow with God's institution of male headship in the home.
iii. "As a result of the fall, man no longer rules easily; he must fight from his headship. Sin has corrupted both the willing submission of the wife and the loving headship of the husband. The woman's desire is to control her husband (to usurp his divinely appointed headship), and he must master her, if he can. So the rule of love founded in paradise is replaced by struggle, tyranny and domination." (Susan T. Foh, cited in Boice)

Last edited:
As for the challenge regarding bad husbands who abuse their wives: Adam blamed his sin on Eve. Abrahm passed Sarah off as his sister, twice. Both times, he placed her at risk of being raped. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Now, if that's not abuse, having to share a kitchen with that many other women, I don't know what is! Xerxes would hold drunken parties, and trot his beautiful wife, Vashti out so all of his old cronies could ogle her. Do I get my cookie now?????

Depends on which version you read: NIV:
16 To the woman he said,
“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” KJV: 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. NASB: 16 To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply Your pain [e ]in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.”
The following text is copied from this commentary: https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/guzik_david/StudyGuide_Gen/Gen_3.cfm

2. (Gen 3:16 ) God's curse upon the woman.
To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children; your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."
a. I will greatly multiply your sorrow : God first cursed the woman with multiplied sorrow. Men and women have each known sorrow throughout history, yet the unique sorrow of women is well known.
i. Under Jesus, some of the effects of the curse are relieved, and it has been the Christianizing of society that brought rights and dignity to women.
ii. "It is difficult for women in Christian lands to realize the miseries of their hundreds of millions of sisters in pagan lands, where the lot of women is little above that of cattle. Where the gospel has gone, the load has been lifted, and woman in Christ has become the reflection of the redeemed Church, the bride of Christ." (Barnhouse)
b. Your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children : The first curse upon women is a broad one. It has the idea that women would experience pain in regard to their children in general, not just in the act of giving birth. God ordained that the pain with which women bring children into this world be an example of the pain they experience more generally in life.
i. It has been observed that women bring forth children with more pain than just about any other creature.
c. Your desire shall be for your husband : This is true of women in a way that it is not true for men. "This verse will be understood better when it is realized that the desire of man toward his wife alone is solely by God's grace and not by nature." (Barnhouse)
d. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you : The idea is to contrast the woman's desire and the husband's rule over her. This speaks of an inherent challenge in embracing the husband's role as leader of the home and family.
i. This same word for desire is used in Genesis 4:7 of the desire of sin to master over Cain. Because of the curse, Eve would have to fight a desire to master her husband, a desire that works against God's ordained order for the home.
ii. The principle of Adam's headship as a husband was established before the fall (see Genesis 2:18 and 2:22 ). Now the curse on Eve makes it much harder for her to submit and flow with God's institution of male headship in the home.
iii. "As a result of the fall, man no longer rules easily; he must fight from his headship. Sin has corrupted both the willing submission of the wife and the loving headship of the husband. The woman's desire is to control her husband (to usurp his divinely appointed headship), and he must master her, if he can. So the rule of love founded in paradise is replaced by struggle, tyranny and domination." (Susan T. Foh, cited in Boice)
As for the challenge regarding bad husbands who abuse their wives: Adam blamed his sin on Eve. Abrahm passed Sarah off as his sister, twice. Both times, he placed her at risk of being raped. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. Now, if that's not abuse, having to share a kitchen with that many other women, I don't know what is! Xerxes would hold drunken parties, and trot his beautiful wife, Vashti out so all of his old cronies could ogle her. Do I get my cookie now?????
Yes!!! Yes lol, now I have to make a DOZEN cookies!!! :lau Lol arrrrrgh that's so hard to not be a controlling woman!!!! How did these women get over the abuse? Certainly they didn't just "take it" in submission? Certainly they prayed over it, maybe God had some sort of way to show them he was listening?... Maybe even use the woman to help change the man for the better?*ETA, WITHOUT being controlling ha-ha ;) Want some more cookies? Lol :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom