We put it in Sweet Tea and Lemonade to make it peach flavored.

Some people said they use it on ice cream and other things, but we haven't tried that.
Oh, yum!
Has anyone here grown sweet potatoes? I dug mine yesterday, and they are in the green house now, curing.
View attachment 3652384
The water on the (dirt) floor is to raise the humidity.

A couple questions... IIRC, they need about 6 days of heat and humidity. How do you know when they're cured?

Maybe they get up and dance...? :lau
Nice haul! I've grown sweets before and loved them. I just put them in a warm place for about a week then in my basement they went. But follow what @BirdsBeesTrees posted. That sounds better!

Thanks for the sweet potato info. I checked them earlier, and they're at 70 degrees and 70 RH. Both are too low. :hmm

We're having a grey, rainy day, and the green house is just passive heat. I'm hoping that if I can't get it up to the really warm, humid air that I can do a longer time at sort of warm (and sometimes warm on sunny days) and as humid as I can make it. I dumped about 1.5 gallons of water on the floor, so I hope that helps.

Really hoping for some breaks in the clouds tomorrow. It doesn't take long for that space to get really warm.

I cooked two big saucepans of frozen tomatoes down today. Planning to can them tomorrow for sauce. I can’t remember, I can add spices to the tomatoes before canning, right? 1tsp lemon juice per pint and 1tbsp per qt?
Sorry the pictures are wonky. I tried to get them without a glare. From my Ball canning book. 1 tbsp lemon juice for a pint, 2 tbsp for a quart
IMG_20231008_233714943.jpg
IMG_20231008_233734043.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I have tried several different spaghetti or pizza sauce recipes and have had difficulty finding one we really like. I'll have to try this.
Seems like they are always too thin or the seasonings aren't quite right. Surely I can find a recipe I like better than store-bought! One pizza recipe I tried was supposed to be like "Pizza Hut's sauce" but it was way too hot. This last time I tried it without the red pepper, but the seasonings weren't right then either.

Back
Top Bottom