Pics
Did you check online by any chance?
I did. I can get trustworthy bands at normal prices online at least. I needed these last ones right away though.

I'm really thinking about getting reusable lids. I just need to find a reasonable price on them. I dream of having Weck jars with their glass lids, but they are SO EXPENSIVE.

I will confess to reusing lids. :oops:
It is just me and DH eating this food though, and I always check for dents, scratches and such before using.
I found my stash of lids the other day - I knew I had a bunch from previous years. I think I have found them all and consolidated them to one place for next year. Hope I can find them when I need them, lol.

I did. I can get trustworthy bands at normal prices online at least. I needed these last ones right away though.

I'm really thinking about getting reusable lids. I just need to find a reasonable price on them. I dream of having Weck jars with their glass lids, but they are SO EXPENSIVE.

Sorry, I meant Walmart online for the lids. They have them available for me for same day pickup at multiple stores. I should have been more specific. I'm like DH thinking everyone else is in my head, lol.

That, @WthrLady, is exactly why I stopped canning tomatoes! Between buying the plants (or the costs to grow from seed), the cost of water, my time in the garden & then processing, jars, etc. it just wasn't worth it to me. Now I just grow what we will actually eat & I stock up on Tuttorosso when it's on sale.

Though I will admit I miss having MY OWN, it's not really worth it to me now. Maybe if I had more room & maybe when I'm retired.

Besides pickles & dilly beans what I can is all for gifts.

Back
Top Bottom