What are you planning to ferment? Making yogurt is different from making Kombucha, or sourdough.

There are so many cool things I want to try to preserve/make with fermentation. World enough and time, world enough and time...
I want to try saurkraut and salsa to start. Then anything I think might be good

Today I canned 8 jars of golden beets. With kids, dogs, & chickens, I can’t seem to do more than one type every few days. Still waiting on the tomatoes, will probably have to buy some more canning jars as there are only a few left!

Also used up some too-ripe bananas and made gluten-free banana bread for the boys. It was a big hit! I haven’t baked since I stopped eating gluten, so they were super happy to have a homemade treat.

7 quarts of tomatoes just came out of the canner. With that load, I probably have enough for the year, but might do another load, just to be sure, and to have some on hand for other things besides spaghetti night on Wednesday.
How many total is that for you? I did another 9 yesterday myself. And just made some tomato powder with the ones I dehydrated. Think I'm gonna do fire roasted with some of my grape tomatoes

Question for any pressure canning pros. Can I throw homemade vegetable soup in cans and pressure can it? I made a medium sized batch of soup today, but I still have tons of vegetables and was thinking I could put a few pots on at once in the next few days, and save myself some freezer space if I am able to can any.

Back
Top Bottom