Juicing some of my Pixie Crunch apples today, making 2 batches. They are a small apple, so they are a hassle to peel. Juicing them in the steamer is making me like them a lot more. My husband and oldest son love these apples, so I'm glad to be using more of them.
I have 4 varieties of apples so I'm going to process and can them separately.
4 cuts, then into the lemon juice water, then into the steamer juicer.
20230831_090854.jpg

20230831_090857.jpg

20230831_100142.jpg

20230831_143919.jpg

So a few of the books I was looking at say that you should boil any soups for 10 minutes after opening the can. Has anyone else ever heard this? I canned my soups for work lunches…we only have a microwave there to heat up. Do I need to open in the morning, boil at home, and store in the fridge & reheat at lunch? Any ideas?

So a few of the books I was looking at say that you should boil any soups for 10 minutes after opening the can. Has anyone else ever heard this? I canned my soups for work lunches…we only have a microwave there to heat up. Do I need to open in the morning, boil at home, and store in the fridge & reheat at lunch? Any ideas?
My Mom always told me any veggies home canned should be brought to a boil before eating so I do. I don't think I've ever read it anywhere. Interesting you found reference to this.

You can heat to a boil in the microwave as long as you use a dish safe for this. I would stir half way through heating.

Edit. I don't necessarily boil 10 minutes. Just till it bubbles a minute or two.

I've never heard that. Wonder what the reasoning is? You don't need to boil veggies before eating, or meat I don't think

My Mom always told me any veggies home canned should be brought to a boil before eating so I do. I don't think I've ever read it anywhere. Interesting you found reference to this.

You can heat to a boil in the microwave as long as you use a dish safe for this. I would stir half way through heating.

Edit. I don't necessarily boil 10 minutes. Just till it bubbles a minute or two.

I've never heard that. Wonder what the reasoning is? You don't need to boil veggies before eating, or meat I don't think

Thanks. Maybe I’ll open the first one at home and boil, see that it tastes ok and doesn’t smell weird, boil for the 10 minutes. Then I can do a quick microwave boil with the rest at work. I have a nice mug that should work.

I've never seen it written any where. Wondering is it something that was passed along from back when lots of folks water bathed everything?
That's all I could think of?

Back
Top Bottom