Puffed Up

You mention you tried to clear her crop, is it empty in the mornings before she's had anything to eat/drink?

If she's not being picked on, then I would leave her with the flock, usually they are more comfortable that way.
Getting some photos of what she and the poop looks like may be helpful. In your original post you say she's puffed up and not extending her neck, is she still doing that?

You mention you tried to clear her crop, is it empty in the mornings before she's had anything to eat/drink?

If she's not being picked on, then I would leave her with the flock, usually they are more comfortable that way.
Getting some photos of what she and the poop looks like may be helpful. In your original post you say she's puffed up and not extending her neck, is she still doing that?
I have been trying to download some pics but am not having any luck. She is still not extending her neck. I never felt anything in her crop. I also looked under her flap and there is no egg in sight. Her poop has a white coating on it that is a little stiff. Does that help? I will keep trying to send pics

20190806_090333.jpg
20190806_091019.jpg
20190806_092507.jpg
she does eat occasionally. I have put her back in with the flock. While she was on her own she didn't drink much. Now she is staying up on her perch all day. She is even bigger. I don't feel anything weird in her body: no egg, no food gathered.

These were pictures I took back when she first started looking and acting weird. She is a lot bigger now. She is able to poop though. I am at a loss of what to do next. Still no eggs from her. It has been about a week now.

I am really struggling with maneuvering this web page. It has been several days since I was able to find this post again.

The easiest way (for me) to keep track of threads I post on is to monitor the Alerts "button" at the top right of each page. Click it, or hover your mouse, and it will show you replies to threads you have commented on.

I keep checking. I don't feel anything. How big of a knot should i be expecting?
This is her thoughts morning
The crop should be empty in the morning, so if you aren't feeling anything that's good.

She still isn't doing to well though is she?
Has she laid any eggs?

Have you tried any treatment (worming, treating for coccidiosis, offering poultry vitamins, etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom