Rescue hen finds great home!

froggiesheins

Crowing
10 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Jurupa Valley, CA
Hi all you BYCers. Just had to share this story. I resued a 7-8 month old gamey mutt hen from deplorable conditions; small cage life
rant.gif
and had her for 2 weeks to asses her physically and mentally. After interacting with her I realized that she was a people and not a chicken. She DID NOT like to be with other chickens and would fly to my shoulders everytime I would open the coop. When I free ranged her, ANYONE could walk over to her and pick her up. She loved to be held. I knew that this hen was "special". I advertized her on Craigslist and found the perfect family!. They have an 8 yr. old high functioning autistic son that loves the 7 hens they own already. They wanted to find a hen just for him and I knew she was the one. They came to get her today....it was a very sad day but a happy day for me. I will miss her, but I know she will have a great home and somehow fulfill her destiny.
I like to rescue and rehome hens, I think it is my calling.
69838_chickens_144.jpg

Quote:
Thank you Gumbii, she is the COOLEST hen I have ever dealt with. Wish I could have kept her, but she needed more personnal attention than I could give her as I have 2 other "special needs" hens. I can't wait to get the pics of her in her new home now!
pop.gif
love.gif

Quote:
I know you did
sad.png
, but this was a match made in heaven and I felt the best home for her. Just think, this little boy who sings to the chickens they have now will be singing just for her. And the folks will let him take her with for car rides etc.....I want to move there too!

Back
Top Bottom