Ribh's D'Coopage

It hit 100 here yesterday and I have never been more thankful for my choice of location for the Chicken Palace because the shade of the Tulip tree and the roof of the covered runs meant it didn't get above 93 for the Princesses.
Last night was a huge storm with torrential rain so I am going out to see how my drainage project held up.
I hope you did better than we did. :fl

I hope you did better than we did. :fl
I can report that I am a master drain digger. I am very proud of myself!
It is a mess where I have not yet finished, but the parts of the Chicken Palace that turned into stinky mud before (which is why I started the drain project) are beautifully dry.
I don't think the Princesses appreciate me enough - they were entirely uninterested in admiring my work (which of course they helped with at the time) and instead obsessed with the new pile of soggy leaves I brought them.
Soggy leaves = many, many bugs.
I am encouraged enough by the success to finish the project but I don't think digging ditches in 100 degrees and 100% humidity is a smart thing to do so I will wait until it cools a bit.

I can report that I am a master drain digger. I am very proud of myself!
It is a mess where I have not yet finished, but the parts of the Chicken Palace that turned into stinky mud before (which is why I started the drain project) are beautifully dry.
I don't think the Princesses appreciate me enough - they were entirely uninterested in admiring my work (which of course they helped with at the time) and instead obsessed with the new pile of soggy leaves I brought them.
Soggy leaves = many, many bugs.
I am encouraged enough by the success to finish the project but I don't think digging ditches in 100 degrees and 100% humidity is a smart thing to do so I will wait until it cools a bit.
Definitely wait for the weekend when it will be much nicer.

Congratulations on the good work!

Titania.
Another mad hatter choosing weird places to lay.
20210606_131438.jpg

Back
Top Bottom