Ribh's D'Coopage

I can report that I am a master drain digger. I am very proud of myself!
It is a mess where I have not yet finished, but the parts of the Chicken Palace that turned into stinky mud before (which is why I started the drain project) are beautifully dry.
I don't think the Princesses appreciate me enough - they were entirely uninterested in admiring my work (which of course they helped with at the time) and instead obsessed with the new pile of soggy leaves I brought them.
Soggy leaves = many, many bugs.
I am encouraged enough by the success to finish the project but I don't think digging ditches in 100 degrees and 100% humidity is a smart thing to do so I will wait until it cools a bit.
Well done RC. I'm lucky drainage isn't a problem here but that doesn't stop the run turning into a quagmire during our wet.

Good evening everyone 😊😴

:frow :hugs We got our second shot on the 10th so we are good. Our visit with our daughter and grandkids was too short, but so nice 💖.
That's all our news, how's your family doing ?
Pretty chaotic. we are building a propogation chamber ~ horticultural stuff for the man. His imports have been held up by covid lockdowns. The Grandies are on irregular hours due to a child care mix up & now our days are warming up all my bantams are deciding they need to sit. 🙄 We are going to let a couple sit but I don't need the whole lot of them helping out & driving us all crazier than we already are. 🤣 I'm glad you saw your Grandies. I know you enjoy your time with them.

Well done RC. I'm lucky drainage isn't a problem here but that doesn't stop the run turning into a quagmire during our wet.
I am lucky too in that the Chicken Palace is on a hill. But there were a couple of spots where water from uphill was flooding into the Palace. It is those that I am addressing by diverting the water away from the Chicken Palace and on down the hill.
The chickens liked it fine getting sodden because of the bugs, but within 3 days it stank and I can’t believe that is healthy for them. I can always water the ground from the rain barrel in a controlled way to dampen things down - either to cool it down or encourage bugs.

I am lucky too in that the Chicken Palace is on a hill. But there were a couple of spots where water from uphill was flooding into the Palace. It is those that I am addressing by diverting the water away from the Chicken Palace and on down the hill.
The chickens liked it fine getting sodden because of the bugs, but within 3 days it stank and I can’t believe that is healthy for them. I can always water the ground from the rain barrel in a controlled way to dampen things down - either to cool it down or encourage bugs.
Yep. We're on a hill too ~ though the girls seem to think levelling everything is the way to go. They've raised the bottom edge by nearly a foot in about a year. They're mad.

Just popping in to let everyone know, we had Stella put to sleep today. She was having trouble breathing and was getting distressed.

R.I.P Stella, the Best of Good Girls.
20.1.2007 to 13.8.2021

Puppy
image000000_2(1).jpg

Guide Dog
Pictures 14-06-2008 038.jpg

Retired.
IMG20190110102526(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom