Ribh's D'Coopage

Not wishing to start a flame war but there is no such breed as a French BCM.
There are French Black Marans. The rooster in my avatar is a French Black Marans as is Fat Bird. They came from France...not they are vaugly genetically related to a breed that comes from France. They came from Marans in France.
It's only been since this SOP nonsense has been going that the Black Copper bit got added on.
Much to the horror of the breeders in Marans there are now other variations in colour and shape called Marans.

I know, I've banged on about this before........
You have ... 😆 ..I'll also quote you from MJ's thread this morning in response to Royal Chick's comment: :
RC: Exactly why my decision to give up learning breeds is completely rational.
It is a made-up concept!

SHADRACH: Indeed it is. I've read more nonsense about chicken breeds than I have about most subjects.

I think you're trying to butter your bread on both sides now. :gig:lau

Someone has started laying. I found this tiny soft fairy egg under the roosts this morning. I suspect Titania. Her comb & wattles have been rosy for a while though she has shown no interest in the nesting boxes.

20210326_065504 (2).jpg

I was so proud of all my girls tonight.
We've been doing tax so I missed the girls putting themselves to bed but they were so quiet about it I couldn't quite believe my eyes.

Here is how I found them ~ all mixed up & as good as gold, the whole jolly lot~ even my oldest girls, who made a right old song & dance last night!
View attachment 2584212
The missing Vorwerk eventually settled on the bottom rail with her friend & Alpia was hoyed out & onto the middle rail. Olivia had several attempt @ roosting on me before she turned her back & gave up for the night.:lau

I am truly blessed with how well everyone is getting along. There was no fighting @ all today, not even first thing.​
That's awesome! I love your roosting bars. I would have liked to set mine up like that! You sure you didn't want to have your little feather duster sleep on your chest...she would have been very happy! 😁 💞

I have a wonderful friend in Pennsylvania. He was one of my very, very first friends on BYC ~ even though he didn't believe in on~line friendships @ the time. :lau Even though I live 1/2 a world away, in a different time zone & country & a shared language sometimes gets us into trouble & I purport not to be a people person. :gigI call him Pennsylvania Bob round here because I know a Tennessee Bob as well & the man gets confused. So Pennsylvannia Bob decided to send me a surprise parcel. I think the man was nearly as excited as I was when the box finally arrived. It has been holed up in customs for over a week, anxiously tracked from both sides of the ocean but the postie faithfully delivered it this morning.
View attachment 2584224
There is a wonderful picture of the Greatest Hen Ever as well but I think I was still hanging onto that one!

The box was packed with some really, really special yarn made by a member of Bob's family. Raised the sheep. Sheared them. Made & dyed the yarn. I can't tell you how special I think that is!
View attachment 2584225

And some extra special surprises. Chicken T shirts & a giant chicken bag perfect for holding all that lovely, lovely wool!
View attachment 2584226

And not to forget something just for fun.

Thank you, so, so much. So kind & thoughtful of you. :hugs
May your days be long in the land.
View attachment 2584229
What an amazing friend!💗💗💗 That yarn is lovely! 💞💞💞

Not wishing to start a flame war but there is no such breed as a French BCM.
There are French Black Marans. The rooster in my avatar is a French Black Marans as is Fat Bird. They came from France...not they are vaugly genetically related to a breed that comes from France. They came from Marans in France.
It's only been since this SOP nonsense has been going that the Black Copper bit got added on.
Much to the horror of the breeders in Marans there are now other variations in colour and shape called Marans.

I know, I've banged on about this before........
I've seen your discussion on this before! I completely believe you, but here in the states that's how they're marketed, so that's the name I give them! 😊

Back
Top Bottom