Roadside chicken and possible feather follicle cyst???

UPDATE

A few days after removing the feather blockages from her feet and she has perked up immensely. She has started squawking loudly to be let out of her cage and into the main living area. Upon closer inspection and a thorough cleaning of her feet in epsom salts, I noticed that all the scales where I was worried about mites are now home to a handful of fresh feather nubs. The protruding areas are also only on the outer side of her shank where her feathers are growing and the rest of her legs and toes look pristine. She'll be heading out to the coop in a couple days to live in a spacious cage while everyone gets used to each other.

Thanks for your help everyone!

UPDATE

A few days after removing the feather blockages from her feet and she has perked up immensely. She has started squawking loudly to be let out of her cage and into the main living area. Upon closer inspection and a thorough cleaning of her feet in epsom salts, I noticed that all the scales where I was worried about mites are now home to a handful of fresh feather nubs. The protruding areas are also only on the outer side of her shank where her feathers are growing and the rest of her legs and toes look pristine. She'll be heading out to the coop in a couple days to live in a spacious cage while everyone gets used to each other.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Shes a lucky gal! Thanks for the update

Back
Top Bottom