Robin sitting on eggs!

Mya05

Songster
May 10, 2020
Edmond, Oklahoma
Today I saw something I've never seen before, and never even knew could/would ever happen. A Robin was sitting on an chicken egg!😳 Runa, one of my favorite girls, routinely lays her egg in our old metal shed that's missing the doors. I have seen this Robin hanging out in the yard, and it's even had some interaction with my flock. I was completely shocked to see her sitting on Runa's egg! Has anyone seen this, or heard of a wild bird taking a motherly interest in eggs from your flock?

I guess if the nest site is good,
that was probably more of a draw than the chicken egg.
Is the robin still there?
Might be good to set up a game camera.
Runa noticed our interest, saw the Robin, and chased her off. Then she went back to scratching for bugs🤷😂 A game camera is a good idea though, just in case the Robin comes back🤔😊

Today I saw something I've never seen before, and never even knew could/would ever happen. A Robin was sitting on an chicken egg!😳 Runa, one of my favorite girls, routinely lays her egg in our old metal shed that's missing the doors. I have seen this Robin hanging out in the yard, and it's even had some interaction with my flock. I was completely shocked to see her sitting on Runa's egg! Has anyone seen this, or heard of a wild bird taking a motherly interest in eggs from your flock?
if she hatches something, i can only imagine her shock 🤣

Back
Top Bottom