Rooster dizzy/off balance

Yeah the other rooster is a good size and they tend to fight over the ladies! Maybe that would explain why he was worse when I picked him up earlier. I think he would have been better after a month if he was just hurt but maybe not because I didn't confine him. I don't think it's anything neurological because when he pecks for food he has absolutely no problems at all, he's always right on target!! Anyway I will post a video maybe tonight because I made some improvements to the coop and I'm going to show them off to my husband when he gets home....lol

Here's the link to a video of him moving around, he's a little stiff but I think he is doing slightly better as he didn't really go off balance. He was sitting down drinking water when I came out though.

OK it says my video is being held for moderation so I guess when it's approved it will show up here. I think he is doing a little better today because he didn't fall over and he was running around a bit. Seems reluctant to move when I go up to him (he is NOT tame) and he sits down to eat and drink. Also forgot to mention yesterday I don't think he crows anymore but the other rooster is the boss so maybe that's why. His tail is weird points down kind of but it's been that way since birth

OK it says my video is being held for moderation so I guess when it's approved it will show up here. I think he is doing a little better today because he didn't fall over and he was running around a bit. Seems reluctant to move when I go up to him (he is NOT tame) and he sits down to eat and drink. Also forgot to mention yesterday I don't think he crows anymore but the other rooster is the boss so maybe that's why. His tail is weird points down kind of but it's been that way since birth
What the youtube or vimeo link and I'll post it for you.

-Kathy

No but I think it's been too long for it to be that hasn't it? He's been acting about like this for over a month. He was actually worse to start with then got a bit better but never fully recovered. I think at this point I'm leaning toward injury but I can't find anything wrong with him when I look him over

Also I have a big flock and he's the only one acting like this. I would think by now if it was something contagious, someone else would have it

Back
Top Bottom