Rooster in confinement

Poor guy, looks like he's gonna lose part of his comb and wattles. If his health declines, that'd be the reason, unless any of the wounds get infected, too...keep a close eye on him! I'd dub him, myself, like I did my BO roo. But since he was beat up, too, its been a lot of stress already! He can't win for losing, how old is he?

about 10 months old. this is his first winter. Id really hate to dub him, but if i have to I will. But i'll ask my vet to do it first.

Wow, he does need lots of TLC.... looks like you are really taking great care of him.

I don't know if I'd but a hen with him unless I knew she wasn't going to be aggressive towards him. Might want to give him another week.

Poor guy...he looks like he's had a hell of a time. What breed is he? He looks like he might be a light brahma but I'm unfamiliar with the roos. BagBalm is great for protecting skin from cold weather, helps things to heal and insulates a bit. I worked on a dairy farm milking cows and we often put that on the cows teets, especially if they were new to the parlor and it was cold outside. We always had a large can of it. I have it in my medicine chest here in the house, great for softening slivers, burns, chapped skin, you name it. Smells pretty good too and won't burn his wounds.

If you don't put a chickie with him, I'd make sure to visit him. Anyone feeling in the dumps needs good company and I'd imagine a little TLC from you would greatly help the healing process from the inside.
hugs.gif

You may want to check to make sure everyone is getting enough protein too...mmmm...feathers. (Not me personally, but, you know!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom