He's middle aged roosters average 5 to 8yrs so age is getting up there depending on the rooster itself but he should still have lots of life left to give. Ebony had a good point how does he sleep (on a perch laying down). If you're not sure you can check on them after they've bedded down to get an idea. The droppings can be irritating.

He sleeps in a coop which has perches. I just recently separated him while I'm giving antibiotics from vet. He's in bathroom now in a perch in a crate ..or he sits on top of crate

What is their roosting situation? If they're sleeping on a table, 2x8 etc, I imagine that his 'knees' could be being burnt by their poop if he is the sort that prefers to 'lay down' while sleeping.
He's kinda laying down now that he's inside . But the perches in coop don't have poop on them i keep the perches clean and rebed the bedding frequently

He's kinda laying down now that he's inside . But the perches in coop don't have poop on them i keep the perches clean and rebed the bedding frequently
And what i mean by laying down.. he's still on top of crate.. just leaned forward. He doesn't sleep on bedding in coop. He sleeps on perch

He sleeps in a coop which has perches. I just recently separated him while I'm giving antibiotics from vet. He's in bathroom now in a perch in a crate ..or he sits on top of crate
Poor boy, I hope you find some more help.

That’s good.
And what i mean by laying down.. he's still on top of crate.. just leaned forward. He doesn't sleep on bedding in coop. He sleeps on perch
Okay.
Was he attacked by something? Did you hatch him out, or rescue him?

Poor boy, I hope you find some more help.

That’s good.

Okay.
Was he attacked by something? Did you hatch him out, or rescue him?
He was hatched. And sometimes he fights with the other rooster, but that usually just messes up his face and I separate him till he heels. Maybe it was from fighting with the other rooster? Usually they don't go for knees.... but I dunno

Attachments

• 20211005_190344.jpg
    20211005_190344.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211006_182537.jpg
    20211006_182537.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211006_182530.jpg
    20211006_182530.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 2
He was hatched. And sometimes he fights with the other rooster, but that usually just messes up his face and I separate him till he heels. Maybe it was from fighting with the other rooster? Usually they don't go for knees.... but I dunno
Hmm, my roosters hardly ever fight, they have established their pecking orders.
We have multiple pens for the extra roosters.

Maybe it was an injury from a fight that infected, what kind of environment do they live in?

Honestly this really looks like scar tissue build up. This happens over time.

It looks like he was attacked by something and it healed, or he's been repeatedly rubbing those 2 areas somehow and it's healed over like that.

Back
Top Bottom