First of all, when did this happen? It doesn’t look like something that could happen overnight.
About 2 weeks ago I noticed him limping... so I looked at him and saw that his knees were bad. Started putting neosporin but they didn't get any better so I got him to a vet. But they look worse than they did 2 weeks ago. Here's a pic from 2 weeks ago

Attachments

• 20211001_195754.jpg
    20211001_195754.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211001_195822.jpg
    20211001_195822.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 3
Hmm, my roosters hardly ever fight, they have established their pecking orders.
We have multiple pens for the extra roosters.

Maybe it was an injury from a fight that infected, what kind of environment do they live in?
Honestly this really looks like scar tissue build up. This happens over time.

It looks like he was attacked by something and it healed, or he's been repeatedly rubbing those 2 areas somehow and it's healed over like that.
That’s an answer! :)
I too thought it looked like something from an attack.
@Punkabear, do they free range? Roaming around freely.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed him limping... so I looked at him and saw that his knees were bad. Started putting neosporin but they didn't get any better so I got him to a vet. But they look worse than they did 2 weeks ago. Here's a pic from 2 weeks ago
It does look way worse.
I see bits of poop on there, have you cleaned that off? Is it possible without hurting him?

Hmm, my roosters hardly ever fight, they have established their pecking orders.
We have multiple pens for the extra roosters.

Maybe it was an injury from a fight that infected, what kind of environment do they live in?
They are free range and there's plenty of open ground and yes they have thier own girls, but sometimes we'll catch Freddy over in Foghorns territory and they'll fight and we break it up. Foghorn has his own garage and Freddy had his own coop. Lots of pretty , clean, territory

They are free range and there's plenty of open ground and yes they have thier own girls, but sometimes we'll catch Freddy over in Foghorns territory and they'll fight and we break it up. Foghorn has his own garage and Freddy had his own coop. Lots of pretty , clean, territory
Alright, I see. That’s good that it’s clean.
Yes they free range
Do you ever have any predators around? Hawks, eagles, weasels?

Me or my bestie never had any children... so this is our life. The animals. We have 20 chickens 2 roosters 6 ducks 2 goats and 3 Chihuahua

Hawks... omg... yes. We lost a few small 8 month old chickens to hawks.. and early in spring a few to a fox
I just recently made like 6 life like "people" scarecrows.... to deter them. Also strung up CDs to catch the sun and confuse them... sprayed 75% vinegar and garlic mixture along fenceline also to deter

Do they get locked up at night?
(Im sorry for all the questions, I just hope that we can figure out what’s wrong.) :)
Me or my bestie never had any children... so this is our life. The animals. We have 20 chickens 2 roosters 6 ducks 2 goats and 3 Chihuahua
I haven’t had any children either, so I know how important they are.
My sister and I take care of 70 feathered family members.

Back
Top Bottom