Yuki is not a purebred Cochin, she has face muffs, and the wrong comb type. You were not sold purebred birds.
WOW... "she" is the one I thought was pure after all this! Ok... I'll be back with the name of the hatchery. This isn't an only, though it was the first. The feed store I do business with. ..that most of the big farmers here do business with...got them as straight run cochin bantam. I have bought good Americaunas from them, but last year, I bought 5, and two were laying variations of tan/cream eggs. EE. I raised hell about it, and they held Americauna chicks for me this year, that I just picked up today. I checked for muffs, ear tufts, beatds, etc
..best you can only 3 day old chicks. Lol. But, I do need to get on and find where they got their chicks from. They use the same ones over and over. I actually started ordering from Cacklehatchery.com, and Purelypoultry.com after the Americauna thing. Then that same Southern States wants mine priven somehow, if I sell them hatchling from what they sold me. Funnnnny.

:pop Pretty looking birds!
Thank you! The strange feathered pair is really nice, when they are out, and clean...a little fluffier. They are more elongated looking than the original pair. I guess I can't say I have Cochins, anymore, lol. But I love them just the same. :)

So... I have Light brahma hens, dark brahma hens, and a dark Brahma rooster coming. Black Jersey Giants. Salmon Faveroles, and Jubilees coming. Chicks. Had to start almost completely over. Dog killed 2 years worth of raising regular chickens, plus 2 Jubilee hens, and hurt the rooster. Buried both Mallards alive, and the hen died hours later. Geese, some Mandarin ducks, blue laced red Wyandotte, and Jubilee eggs in the incubator. A month old pair of Cayugas growing in their broider...and an imitation RI RED that a guy sold me for two bucks. It had a yellow head... may be some new twist there, but I don't like it half grown, now, and the lot of them had a bad disposition. Oh well... you guys have been great. Wish us luck!

Back
Top Bottom