Sex of saxony and other

Those are interesting mixes in your dogs!
They are beautiful. I’ve had the mastador will be 6 years this November and the black one we got about 2 years ago from a rescue. My little one I’ve had for 9 years. He’s the boss lol

Attachments

• F0F12013-2636-4D2F-B127-BA3FC3A1208B.jpeg
    F0F12013-2636-4D2F-B127-BA3FC3A1208B.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 3
  • F08A3DE1-ACBA-45BE-8DA3-5F6B86DE8EC7.jpeg
    F08A3DE1-ACBA-45BE-8DA3-5F6B86DE8EC7.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 9717AA09-5BA4-4BC5-BCFB-CED5B69E6D60.jpeg
    9717AA09-5BA4-4BC5-BCFB-CED5B69E6D60.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 2
So far the males are the calmest ones out of all 7 of them. What age do they typically start becoming aggressive? One of my males is even acting scared of the new duck hens.
Drakes can all be really different and it is always hard to say what they will be like. They will likely be a bit hormonal in the mating season. But if they are fairly calm now, they may stay that way. My Saxony drake as a little one was very relaxed and chill. He hated being handled. He use to scream bloody murder as a duckling. Now he actually enjoys a cuddle. But he was always fairly easy going with my girls. But even in peak of the breeding seasons this drake can be a butt.

My khaki drake, he was always bounding with energy. He never slowed down. That kind of energy was hard on the females, so he had to go.

I have 2 new khaki drakes, that I am going to get to see how they are towards females. They are not as high energy as the last khaki, but you really don't fully know till they mature. At 18 weeks of age it should be pretty obvious. How your drakes are likely to behave.

Drakes can all be really different and it is always hard to say what they will be like. They will likely be a bit hormonal in the mating season. But if they are fairly calm now, they may stay that way. My Saxony drake as a little one was very relaxed and chill. He hated being handled. He use to scream bloody murder as a duckling. Now he actually enjoys a cuddle. But he was always fairly easy going with my girls. But even in peak of the breeding seasons this drake can be a butt.

My khaki drake, he was always bounding with energy. He never slowed down. That kind of energy was hard on the females, so he had to go.

I have 2 new khaki drakes, that I am going to get to see how they are towards females. They are not as high energy as the last khaki, but you really don't fully know till they mature. At 18 weeks of age it should be pretty obvious. How your drakes are likely to behave.
I looked at my calendar of when I got them and depending on how old they were when I got them. I think the saxony was only a few days old and the other drake was around 3 weeks old. So they are between 16-17 weeks right now. The saxony doesn’t mind me holding him and the other mix breed doesn’t mind once I catch him lol. I was going to trade one of them to a friend for a hen but I think I will watch them for now bc I love them both and see how they act since I know my friend will trade if needed.

I looked at my calendar of when I got them and depending on how old they were when I got them. I think the saxony was only a few days old and the other drake was around 3 weeks old. So they are between 16-17 weeks right now. The saxony doesn’t mind me holding him and the other mix breed doesn’t mind once I catch him lol. I was going to trade one of them to a friend for a hen but I think I will watch them for now bc I love them both and see how they act since I know my friend will trade if needed.
If one does turn out to be a good drake, those are definitely ones to hold on to. I would love to hear how they turn out.

I had geese ordered this spring but canceled them after all the problems I had with my chickens. I was overwhelmed (still am, kind of).

Guineas have always been on my radar. Only thing stopping me is the predation issue. My chickens are in a pretty safe enclosure. Guineas would roam with the goats. Idk that I could handle them becoming a hawk's meal.
My coworker had a whole flock of Guineas. When they were about 5 months old he left them out in his yard while he and his wife were doing yard work. When he turned around to check on them they were nowhere, never to be seen again. He could not believe it.

So far the males are the calmest ones out of all 7 of them. What age do they typically start becoming aggressive? One of my males is even acting scared of the new duck hens.
My Mule Duck was born the end of May and in the middle of this month, (September) he just now started attacking all of my females. He was sooooo big that I rehomed him.

My Mule Duck was born the end of May and in the middle of this month, (September) he just now started attacking all of my females. He was sooooo big that I rehomed him.
Oh no. So far my saxony is a gentleman. He was born in the first of may so I guess we will see. My new ones that was sold to me saying they were females but are males are the ones that seem to be most honory when it comes to not sharing swimming pool and food. But they are getting swapped out for females this week or next. Fingers crossed for my saxony bc he will be the only one left I got when first born. Besides my mallard drake. But more than likely I’ll have to remhome him as well. I’m going to try to keep 2 drakes with 5 hens and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom