Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Morning Battery Batters .... It is cold this morning .. But dry my arthritis is happy .. I can do cold. I did get my first two eggs from banty land one bird over two days.
The frizzle is the oldest of the birds up there..

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 2
I think she meant it would help in the survival of THESE rescue birds. I agree it doesn’t immediately help the big picture. However, it might raise awareness. More people might come to this thread and learn that being a real chicken means being a healthier chicken. And that chickens are sentient, intelligent, social creatures.

I have to agree that people need to eat fewer eggs, pay more for eggs, stop feeding chicken to their pets (and themselves) to move the needle even a little bit. However, it makes me smile proudly that my parents will now only buy pasture raised eggs. It’s a tiny start to making a difference.

I can’t help but feel nothing will change on a large scale unless and until people are more aware of chicken intelligence. Same with pigs and cows.

Honestly, I feel a bit hopeless about the whole thing. How on earth can we get terribly selfish beings (humans) to stop exploiting others??? I just don’t know how to turn around the entitled arrogance.
I'm looking forward to cultured meat becoming more affordable.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/future...factory-the-science-of-your-synthetic-supper/

Yes, I’m curious about it, too. My daughter has been talking about this for awhile now.

I eat very little meat and dairy, but I’ve looked a little into meat I’d be more comfortable eating and might consider Crowd Cow. The link button isn’t working on my phone, so here you go.

https://www.crowdcow.com/who-we-are

Tax
5D8545BB-3D26-40E4-93B3-9A9F6403F04D.jpeg

9191ECD7-D57B-41D3-9298-CAC25A805010.jpeg

8A74A0F6-4F22-42D7-BE18-DF67B88C88C0.jpeg

Brr! It is 71 degrees farenheit here. It rarely gets below 20 here in Arkansas United States.
It is currently 73*F here in Kansas with up to 60mph winds. All the tarps I secured to the outside of the run for Winter protection a few weeks ago are ripped away from the bottom. And all my bantys are huddled in the coop because the wind is toppling them if they step out.

Good night my battery chickens friends :hugs

@shadach
I left you a message in maryjanet s thread. You are right about the fermented feed. Its softened the shells
Wait. What? Can you tag me in this thread? New chicken tender who literally started a batch of fermented feed yesterday. Now I’m worried seeing this!

Back
Top Bottom