Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

The underlying theory is that producing electricity in a clean way is not so hard and indeed in many places there has been a lot of progress towards wind, solar, hydro etc.
So if all cars were electric and most electricity generation was clean, then it would solve a lot of problems. Eventually.
I see what you're saying. Once we need clean fuel for cars, a demand for clean fuel in other markets will be driven up and more readily satisfied.

But from what I hear, persuading all the nations to focus on cleaner energy production is a sticking point. However, if developed nations lead on, perhaps others will follow in time.

The underlying theory is that producing electricity in a clean way is not so hard and indeed in many places there has been a lot of progress towards wind, solar, hydro etc.
So if all cars were electric and most electricity generation was clean, then it would solve a lot of problems. Eventually.
Only *clean* energy is not the norm ~ not here anyway. I think most of Victoria's electricity comes from coal. There can't be too many dirtier options. :confused: In QLD quite a few companies use gas. While I agree wind, solar & hydro would be optimal ~ especially in Australia which has lots of access to all 3 options, the people spending the money seem reluctant to switch over.

I see what you're saying. Once we need clean fuel for cars, a demand for clean fuel in other markets will be driven up and more readily satisfied.

But from what I hear, persuading all the nations to focus on cleaner energy production is a sticking point. However, if developed nations lead on, perhaps others will follow in time.
Probably right. UK electricity generation is now less than 50% fossil fuel based.
Several US states have either hydro or wind as the largest source of electricity generation. Not true for most of the US unfortunately.
It is probably all dwarfed by coal use in China.

Only *clean* energy is not the norm ~ not here anyway. I think most of Victoria's electricity comes from coal. There can't be too many dirtier options. :confused: In QLD quite a few companies use gas. While I agree wind, solar & hydro would be optimal ~ especially in Australia which has lots of access to all 3 options, the people spending the money seem reluctant to switch over.
Australia is not good on this dimension!

People, most anyway don't even want to hear use less, have less when there is such obvious disparity between those with lots and those without.
Ha I can't get people to understand that while I can afford a new TV or whatever, the old one is still working, so it's a waste to take it to the recycling place and spend money on the lastest and greatest.

However, I thought my cell phone was working, I can make calls out and use the browser. I knew most of the apps are no longer compatible with it, but my cousin came to the door because they kept calling and it went to voicemail.... So now I'm trying to figure out what one to get..... Wow have they gone up. I paid $250 ... it can go underwater, I have dropped it in the creek and it was fine. Dropped it from a ladder in gravel and it's fine. New ones don't seem to have that capability and cost 3x as much.

I owe tax again. 🙄
Titania.
IMAGE_FILE_CACHE_PROFILE_PROVIDER.jpg

Back
Top Bottom