share coop pics!

Here are pics of all my coops (lots of pics sorry)

Coop 1

coop2

coop3

coop4

coop5(not occupied yet)

coop6 (small coop for growing chicks)

Shelter"coop"7 Grow out pen for young turkeys

Tractor"coop"8 (meat bird tractor)

Did you use an online program do do that? I've been looking for something like that to design my coop.
Very nice, by the way

Sure did. The software is called SketchUp.
Its a company that Google is somehow affiliated with. The software is free and quite powerful.

http://www.sketchup.com/download

I redesigned the coop 3 times before getting it perfect for my tastes. There are some tutorial videos that will teach you how to use it on the site. Creating angle and getting measurements is pretty simple. Once you figure it out the first time, is easier after that. I was able to create very detailed measurement snapshots like this:

And was able to minimize waist by laying out all the pieces on a board the same size you would find at HomeDepot.
See what you can do when you simply cut out all sleep from your schedule?

Last edited:

We built our coop out of mostly reused material. What do y'all think?

This is my first coop for my 6 chickens ( when they were still free ranging, later on I moved them to a bigger coop and satrted keeping them in a fenced area.

This is an old coop or shed that was there before we moved in. The insides were leaking so we fixed that, added a fence, and finally put the chickens in the coop. Lately 2 trees fell on it so I will be using the smaller coop.

This is a picture before we completely fixed the coop.

this is the coop my family built this spring. its set up to house upto 22 chickens comfortably. it took a lot of weekends to build but its nice to see when i look out the window. we are proud of what we built =)

Back
Top Bottom