SHOULD I HELP!?? Chick has been piping over 48 hours?

Kennyhasquails

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2019
I have an quail egg that just seems to not want to hatch. It’s been piping over 48 hours and I’m worried that it can’t get out. I know the chick inside is still alive, and pretty active because I can see it through the hole. I know assistance is a last resort but I’m getting worried. I don’t want the air from the incubator to dry it up. I even tried playing chick sounds to it, to see if it would encourage it. (It kinda worked) also it is day 22.

I have an quail egg that just seems to not want to hatch. It’s been piping over 48 hours and I’m worried that it can’t get out. I know the chick inside is still alive, and pretty active because I can see it through the hole. I know assistance is a last resort but I’m getting worried. I don’t want the air from the incubator to dry it up. I even tried playing chick sounds to it, to see if it would encourage it. (It kinda worked) also it is day 22.

I’m still not 100% sure if I should break the outer membrane. I didn’t see any blood vessels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 34
Are you talking about the egg on the left?? It looks like the quail is already going around the shell to push out eventually. If you do decide to help make sure it’s a tiny tip tweezers and you only grab shell.
Yes it’s the one on the left. It only made it about 1/4 of the way around before getting stuck in the same spot so I helped it the rest of the way around. That’s why it looks like that. Should I take off that upper cap part completely?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom