SHOULD I HELP!?? Chick has been piping over 48 hours?

Kennyhasquails

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2019
I have an quail egg that just seems to not want to hatch. It’s been piping over 48 hours and I’m worried that it can’t get out. I know the chick inside is still alive, and pretty active because I can see it through the hole. I know assistance is a last resort but I’m getting worried. I don’t want the air from the incubator to dry it up. I even tried playing chick sounds to it, to see if it would encourage it. (It kinda worked) also it is day 22.

I've done both. Helped and not helped. I have found the majority of the time helping hurts more than it helps. Even if a live chick makes it out, it may not be viable to the outside world or there may be other problems such as malformations. After hatching for years, I now leave it to nature. Survival of the fittest. It sounds harsh, but I think nature knows best.

I have an quail egg that just seems to not want to hatch. It’s been piping over 48 hours and I’m worried that it can’t get out. I know the chick inside is still alive, and pretty active because I can see it through the hole. I know assistance is a last resort but I’m getting worried. I don’t want the air from the incubator to dry it up. I even tried playing chick sounds to it, to see if it would encourage it. (It kinda worked) also it is day 22.

I’m still not 100% sure if I should break the outer membrane. I didn’t see any blood vessels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom