SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Take a skillet put oil or butter in it turn the pan on high let the butter or
to melt.. Lay a paper towel. slice tomato for frying turn the burner down to med
Add flour to the paper towel, then add salt and pepper seasoning if you want use a fork to lightly stir into your flour .. Lay each slice into flour both sides .. Transfer to the pan .. done when the tomato is transparent in middle

How do you do your roma tomatoes?

I am new to the whole gardening thing (every year I have killed everything). This year we have so many tomatoes! My peppers are not doing much right now, but I still have hope for them.

How long do dehydrated things last? Do you just put them in a mason jar or do you put them in ziplock?

As you can tell I am so new to all of this but I truly want to learn
I like romas as tomato chips, but I imagine any homegrown tomatoes would be great. Just slice with a mandoline and put them on parchment in the trays, I like the parchment because they peel off easily when done. Sometimes I'll sprinkle with salt and/ or powdered basil. I want to dry a lot of romas this year though and use for homemade sauces this winter. Pie made from dehydrated apples is just as good as fresh, just sayin!

Most things I store in quart jars and have stored up to a year. Sometimes I'll end up with extra of this or that so I vac seal and freeze.

Dehydrating works best for me, canning takes more work and space for storage. I can fit more dehydrated produce in a jar than if I canned instead too.

I use a L'Equip dehydrator and can set the temp. It's a rectangle and holds more stuff than the little round ones, worth the expense for us because I use it a lot.

I like romas as tomato chips, but I imagine any homegrown tomatoes would be great. Just slice with a mandoline and put them on parchment in the trays, I like the parchment because they peel off easily when done. Sometimes I'll sprinkle with salt and/ or powdered basil. I want to dry a lot of romas this year though and use for homemade sauces this winter. Pie made from dehydrated apples is just as good as fresh, just sayin!

Most things I store in quart jars and have stored up to a year. Sometimes I'll end up with extra of this or that so I vac seal and freeze.

Dehydrating works best for me, canning takes more work and space for storage. I can fit more dehydrated produce in a jar than if I canned instead too.

I use a L'Equip dehydrator and can set the temp. It's a rectangle and holds more stuff than the little round ones, worth the expense for us because I use it a lot.
Thank you! I will look into it. I have so many tomatoes right now. I do want to do my own sauce because I love a good sauce.

Tomato chips sound amazing to me and I could do different flavors! You have got my mouth watering

Thank you! I will look into it. I have so many tomatoes right now. I do want to do my own sauce because I love a good sauce.

Tomato chips sound amazing to me and I could do different flavors! You have got my mouth watering
I gave up potato chips and the tomatoes do the trick for me when I want something like that. I've mixed dried cilantro with onion and garlic powders and sprinkled that on before too. So freaking good! Almost like salsa. Have fun and experiment!

I gave up potato chips and the tomatoes do the trick for me when I want something like that. I've mixed dried cilantro with onion and garlic powders and sprinkled that on before too. So freaking good! Almost like salsa. Have fun and experiment!
Oh goodness! I need to by a dehydrator ASAP. I do not like potato chips because of all the salt and greasiness.

Oh goodness! I need to by a dehydrator ASAP. I do not like potato chips because of all the salt and greasiness.
Yup, that's my complaint as well. I hope you have fun with it. My mom got me a cookbook which gives the suggested prep before drying and lots of recipes to use the stuff in. I like this website, she explains how to dehydrate cake! I'm telling you, go camping and break out cake, you're a hero!

https://trailcooking.com/fauxbaker/

Yup, that's my complaint as well. I hope you have fun with it. My mom got me a cookbook which gives the suggested prep before drying and lots of recipes to use the stuff in. I like this website, she explains how to dehydrate cake! I'm telling you, go camping and break out cake, you're a hero!

https://trailcooking.com/fauxbaker/
Awesome! I will definitely check it out. I love dehydrated pea pods that are seasoned. I am going to head to the store on friday for a dehydrator.

Vegetarian dinner tonight. It’s DELICiOUS.
had to share...

lentil stew and cheese union bread 🤤

C48FB5E1-E77A-427B-96D2-8FC56AA3AF37.jpeg

:drool

Care to share the recipe for the lentil stew?
Ofcourse!

Ingredients:

5 cloves of garlic
250 grams (8.8oz) lentils
3 laurel leafs
400g (14.1oz) (sweet)potato cut into 1cm dices
1tbsp trad. Olive oil
1tbsp Cajun spices
3 bell peppers cut into small dices
800g tomatoes cut in dices (packages are available at the grocerystore)
40g sellery (fresh)

how to:

- cut two cloves of garlic in big pieces, add the laurel, lentils and the potatoes and add cold water. (if you use sweet potato’s they later since their cooking time is shorter) bring the water to boiling temperature and leave calmly boiling for 20min.
Remove the water, garlic and laurel after.
- heat the oil in a different pan and fry the tomato with the Cajun spices, bell pepper. After 8 minutes add the rest of the garlic (first press it)
-when everything is ready (you can leave this recipe for 20 minutes or 3 hours according to taste and time) add two minutes before serving the sellery.

it’s Translated from Dutch so feel free to ask questions.
I use this as a base. Today with cheese-union bread. Tomorrow with a salad and it’s good freezer food too!

Back
Top Bottom