sick chicken need help

Devons girls

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
My chicken is not acting right it is life less, will not move around, sits/lays on her side. Does not have good balance, will not eat and closes her eyes almost all the way, wings are drooping any ideas- very worried.

Oh thank you so much for responding I am 14 and so worried I have 12 hen that are my pets this one that is sick is about 1 year old any ideas anything I can do

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about your hen. Could be Mareks disease, however I do not know for sure. I hope someone can help you in the emergency section.
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC - sorry about the circumstances. Good luck in defining and solving the problem with your hen.

Please post on the emergencies thread in full detail - how long has she been ill and anything else you can think. Has this been a gradual decline over days or seemingly overnight? Has she even been wormed, or checked for mites/lice? Have stools been normal? Was she exposed to anything new - moldy food, pesticides, fertilizers, poisoned mice (chickens may eat them). Hope she can be helped.

Back
Top Bottom